What's new

Opinions on the SoftGloss MAXX

Reaction score
I plan to build a wash in the future and I am considering the SoftGloss MAXX as an automatic bay. Any operators have opinions / tips for ownership?

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
I had the original SOFTGLOSS for sbout20 years and it was very reliable and did a great job cleaning cars. It had the wheel scrub and treadle plate. We installed the SOFTGLOSS MAX about 21/2 years ago ago and it’s been really good. It has a lot more features with the led lights high pressure wheel blasters and rocker panel blasters. The SOFTGLOIS will clean better than most machines I’ve seen. The washbuilder will let you customize your packages. Personally I would buy it again. The IBA has been reliable and consistent

Reaction score
I had the original SOFTGLOSS for sbout20 years and it was very reliable and did a great job cleaning cars. It had the wheel scrub and treadle plate. We installed the SOFTGLOSS MAX about 21/2 years ago ago and it’s been really good. It has a lot more features with the led lights high pressure wheel blasters and rocker panel blasters. The SOFTGLOIS will clean better than most machines I’ve seen. The washbuilder will let you customize your packages. Personally I would buy it again. The IBA has been reliable and consistent
So you currently own a MAXX 5? What’s service like? Are parts expensive? I’m friends with a former XS2 operator and he tells me that ryko parts are very expensive.

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
So you currently own a MAXX 5? What’s service like? Are parts expensive? I’m friends with a former XS2 operator and he tells me that ryko parts are very expensive.
Everything is expensive
Our service has always been GREAT. But I’ve had the the same service guy for about 15 years. The most expensive cost is to just get him to the site. If they know exactly what is the problem they will have everything they need to fix it. My guy has always fixed it on ONE trip on the first SOFTGLOSS we replaced the brushes probably after about 9 or 10 years. Always good to have a great relationship with the guy that works on your equipment

MEP001

Reaction score
Don't know if matters to you, but you're talking to a kid who rides through car washes with his mom.

Reaction score
Everything is expensive
Our service has always been GREAT. But I’ve had the the same service guy for about 15 years. The most expensive cost is to just get him to the site. If they know exactly what is the problem they will have everything they need to fix it. My guy has always fixed it on ONE trip on the first SOFTGLOSS we replaced the brushes probably after about 9 or 10 years. Always good to have a great relationship with the guy that works on your equipment
Good to know. Are there issues with the rear brushes not getting sufficient rear coverage or the machine getting hung up on debris on the rails? I’m friends with a former XS2 operator and I think I remember him mentioning that.

CMDguy

Reaction score
Don't know if matters to you, but you're talking to a kid who rides through car washes with his mom.
You don't need to be bringing down people because they have questions.

He doesn't even "ride through" most of the time, the point of his videos are to show the equipment up close in operation

MEP001

Reaction score
Once again, I'm not bringing anyone down. I'm stating a fact. You and your friends are posing as investors when you're a decade or more away from actually spending any money.

It's not my fault you guys can't handle a factal statement.

Thomas Miller

Banned
Reaction score
Once again, I'm not bringing anyone down. I'm stating a fact. You and your friends are posing as investors when you're a decade or more away from actually spending any money.

It's not my fault you guys can't handle a factal statement.
Why is that relevant to asking a question? You first come on here stating they cant give advice, now they can't ask questions wanting to ask more?

MEP001

Reaction score
Show me where I said any of that.

Thomas Miller

Banned
Reaction score
You don't know enough to be giving advice, and I never said you won't ever have experience. I said you're pretending you have knowledge that you don't. I will call you out every time you give advice to protect the people looking for information.
You all keep saying this, and it was never the point. The point is that all of you keep giving advice posing as something you're not.
You're offering advice on something you know nothing about. It's unethical. You're posing yourself as someone you're not. You're a kid who rides through car washes with his mom.
You're making recommendations on how someone someone spends a quarter million dollars on a piece of equipment, and you aren't being forthcoming on the basis of this recommendation. That's disrespectful to the person who asked for advice, so I pointed out who you are purely for the OP. If that's a problem for you, that's all on you.
You can prevent "drama" by being transparent about your "advice." Your "friends" have created this same issue by doing the exact same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they called you in here to create the same issues, since you're behaving exactly the way they did. If you think I'm being so mean, you don't have to post here anymore. Problem solved - I'm not going to "leave you alone" as long as you think you can play here.

MEP001

Reaction score
You first come on here stating they cant give advice
Show me where I stated that or anything else.
now they can't ask questions
Who said you can't? Show me specifically anywhere that I or anyone said you can't ask questions.

I said that you're posing yourself as an investor and someone with experience. That's a fact. You really need to believe that I know way more than you think I might possibly know.

Thomas Miller

Banned
Reaction score
Show me where I stated that or anything else.

Who said you can't? Show me specifically anywhere that I or anyone said you can't ask questions.

I said that you're posing yourself as an investor and someone with experience. That's a fact. You really need to believe that I know way more than you think I might possibly know.
I am not an investor yet, but I do have experience. I do 100% know and accept that you have more experience and know more than I do. I've been learning about carwashes for about 13 years, and I have managed for about a year now. You saying he can't ask questions is implied by you saying "Don't know if matters to you, but you're talking to a kid who rides through car washes with his mom.". There was absolutely no reason for you to state that, he will go somewhere in this industry and wanted to know about a Maxx system.

CMDguy

Reaction score
I am not an investor yet, but I do have experience. I do 100% know and accept that you have more experience and know more than I do. I've been learning about carwashes for about 13 years, and I have managed for about a year now. You saying he can't ask questions is implied by you saying "Don't know if matters to you, but you're talking to a kid who rides through car washes with his mom.". There was absolutely no reason for you to state that, he will go somewhere in this industry and wanted to know about a Maxx system.
MEP is just a bickering old man who has nothing else to do. It's best that we just ignore him.

Thomas Miller

Banned
Reaction score
That's not how that works.
How what works? You obviously have a problem with him lacking knowledge, but yet you try and shut down the post whenever he asks for knowledge for his future business? This form is quite literally meant for asking questions. If he can't answer questions (I get the harm in answering them where he is), why can't he ask them? There's no harm in asking, and for no reason should you be preventing him from learning. Get your shit straight and make up your mind. MWCW, there's a Facebook group called "TalkCarWash" with 22,000 members (About 2 and 3/4 times more than here!) which is pretty much the carwash form on Facebook except they are welcoming to enthusiasts trying to learn. The group is owned by some of the biggest owners (Blake Newman of Launch Carwash, Tyler Slaughter of Camel Express) and members aren't mopey old men sitting behind the screen putting down future operators. Oh and don't you state that nobody in the industry started as an enthusiast? Aidan Wantz of Brushcom, Gabe Tan a big Peco Distributor, Brody Hendricks of Coach's Carwash, and Marius Pollux of Sweetwater Express just to name a few. I'd actually suggest you check out TalkCarWash mep, it should give you an insight into how a community for employees, operators, and owners should be run. Thank you and goodnight.

MEP001

Reaction score
How what works?
I neither stated nor implied that he can't ask questions, neither directly nor indirectly.
You obviously have a problem with him lacking knowledge
Nope.
you try and shut down the post whenever he asks for knowledge for his future business?
Show me exactly where I did that.
Get your shit straight and make up your mind.
I have been 100% clear in every post, and I have been 100% consistent in all my replies. Why don't you address my factual statements about his true background? Is it because I'm right?

I will tell you again, I'm at least three steps ahead of you guys.

CMDguy

Reaction score
There was no need to state this. MWCW said this in the OP.

MEP, I'm sick and tired of your bullshit. While there are people on this forum who yes agree with you, there are others that I have contact with who have limited their use here because of you. You should be happy that there are people optimistic about the industry, it's hard to come by these days. Maybe if you didn't jump in like this and start shit there wouldn't be a whole argument right now. You need to stay in your lane and not come bickering when someone has questions and has stated that they aren't an operator yet. It's as simple as that.

Etowah