What's new

Opinion on Crypto-pay for vacuums

fastlx

Reaction score
Just got swipers for my vacuums. Here is the issue. I have two IVS vacs ( one with fragrance and the other with carpet cleaner) and two older basic IVS vacs. The first two have I believe IDX Big time timers and the last two basic timers.

So for the very basic ones, right now $2.00 to start for 4 minutes, add quarters or bills for more time. But it DOES NOT have buzzer telling the customer to add more coins for more time. The other nicer IVS do have the buzzer telling to add more coin/bills for more time.

So I have the swipers with the buttons.. I did this after asking alot of customers and they want to swipe once and vacuum and be done, they don't want to be in the middle of vacuuming and have to get the card back out and swipe again.. I see their point.

So for the IVS basic vacs I was thinking to start the vacuum at $3.00 for 6 minutes? I don't think they will push the button for more time ( since no buzzer will tell them) but if they did it would add 4 quarters or 1 dollar for more time? So they could press it twice. Have the max set at $5.00 per swipe which would be for 10 minutes. OR DO I START WITH MORE money and time. $4.00 for 8 minutes or $5.00 for 10 minutes.

The same could be for the IVS vacs with fragrance or shampoo.

I'm basically adding these so the customers swipe once and get done with what they want.

Just FYI. I added Crypto to my two bays about a year ago and I don't get any complaints or charge backs when the timer goes the full $15.00 for the wash because they forgot to press the stop button..

Sorry this is so drawn out but looking for some input from the experts...

Thanks.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been thinking about the same thing. Most of my vacs don't have display timers or last minute alert, so two of my three options mean adding new display timers. I only know one guy with Cryptopay on his vacs, and he never looks at his numbers so he can't tell me what his customers prefer.

fastlx

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. But I have to add them, most people nowadays will pay for a soda at a convienece store with a credit card $1.50. They carry no cash. So I will probably try the $3.00 for 6 min on the basic vac and they can push it twice ( i doubt they will) if all goes well i will increase to $4.00 for 7-8 min? Just change the label on the vaccum ( for now I have a nice label maker) so I can change it if needed. I don't want to invest in the hassle of adding a digital timer just for this.

As for the IVS with timers. start at $3.00 for 6 min and give the option for them to press twice. up to $5.00

I really think most people won't care if it is $3.00 or $5.00 as long as they get enough time to get the car clean....

I'm setting it up over the next few days. I will let you know how it goes.

VW

Damoni88

Reaction score
I have crypto on all 8 vacs. They do really well. I have it set for $3 for 6mins and the button disabled. I have one je adams air/vac with no timer display set up the same way. That is the most popular vac.

fastlx

Reaction score
Thanks Damoni88.
I set up the first of four yesterday. It was a IVS Fresh-n-up. So I set it up for $3.00 for 6 min and they can press the button twice for a max of $5.00 for 10 min. I doubt anyone ever hits the button to add time. So if needed I will just increase to $4.00 - 8min.
I'm thinking on the other simple vacs to just start with the $3.00 - 6 min. and just see when people use them, do they get finished and have extra time or do they have to swipe again for it to start again.

Thanks...

Damoni88

Reaction score
Thanks Damoni88.
I set up the first of four yesterday. It was a IVS Fresh-n-up. So I set it up for $3.00 for 6 min and they can press the button twice for a max of $5.00 for 10 min. I doubt anyone ever hits the button to add time. So if needed I will just increase to $4.00 - 8min.
I'm thinking on the other simple vacs to just start with the $3.00 - 6 min. and just see when people use them, do they get finished and have extra time or do they have to swipe again for it to start again.

Thanks...
You are welcome

David Rolf

Reaction score
When I bought my wash I was hesitating on installing swipers on 6 vacs but glad we did and they do well. Take a look at this charge from last week. I'm afraid to check the vacuum and see what's inside. :unsure:
1616252974741.png

fastlx

Reaction score
That's awesome. I hope to see the same results.. The wash has been around for 16 plus years and I have owned it 5 years. I added crypto to my bays last year and they have done great. I will advertise that we now have them on the vacs next week.

One thing do you see a customer having to swipe multiple times? After speaking to my customers I think they would pay more say 4-5 bucks just so they don't have to stop get a card back out and swipe again. This is my big hurdle....

Thanks for the input