What's new

Operations Manuals

easywash

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of writing an operations manual for my 3 bay automatic facility. As I am writing it I can't help but think there must be some type of "template" or "boiler plate" type material out there.

After all why re-invent the wheel.

Has anyone seen anything like this out there on the market for carwashes? Either for free or for a fee I don't care.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a good idea, but I have never seen one. It's a daunting task for sure, but if you break it down into several sections, it'd be better and easier I think.

1. Cleaning Facility
2. Preventative maintenance.
3. Equipment Repairs
4. Plumbing
5. Wiring.
6. Chemical usage.
7. Troubleshooting.
8. Inventory Deposits.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Apt Crowe has some SS bulletins covering this type of stuff. I would think it might be simple to add whatever is unique for the IBA.

PEI

Reaction score
Check with your distributor, they should have an owner's manual that covers most if not all of the day to day operations of your automatics. When we were a distributor we gave every site a new owner's manual that covered service schedules, wiring, plumbing, troubleshooting, etc.

bigleo48

Reaction score
EasyWash,

I've kinda done this, but an online version (HTML). It contains manuals, drawings, function diagrams and commonly used forms like checklists, timesheets, comments, contacts, MSDS, etc.

Is this what you were thinking of? I find the online version must easier to use and update. It also can be accessed from anywhere if I want to review something and I'm not at the wash.

Bigleo