What's new

Opening Major Safe Heads

Rfreeman

Reaction score
So I'm hoping some of you veterans can give me some feedback. At one of my washes I have old, very old, Major brand safe heads installed. They have a removeable dial but this week I notice the quarter drawer was missing from a vault and sure enough someone opened it. This guy hit me twice this week already but what is more concerning from the video it looks like he uses some tool to open the safes similar to the combo dial I use to open it.

Do any of you long time car wash owners know if there is something out there these guys can insert into the 2 holes where the dial goes to open these safes up? I'm thinking it might be some locksmith type tool but I have never seen it done before.

I am pretty sure I secured the safe, I double checked today so Ill be watching for him to come back. Thanks for your input

MEP001

Reaction score
When you re-lock them, are you spinning the dial at least four times in one direction? I've had two different people tell me they were just turning it 1/4 turn to the left to lock it, both have had their washes for over 30 years, and someone came through and opened it without the combination.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply MEP. I think I am spinning it but I don't think 4 times. I am going by now to do just that.