What's new

One of the best decisions I've made

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
. I have often worried about spending to much time in the bay and thought this might work.
Color me confused. So long as they are paying for time do we care how much time they spend in the bay?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've heard the same from several local operators who put dryers either in the drying shed or in a separate bay, they've been making just a few bucks a week. The guys with them in the bays have had at worst moderate success that still made them worth having.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Hey guys I picked up a used Air Shamee not too long ago and I'm about to install it in my busiest or second busiest bay. I have all Coleman equipment and a 10 position switch at the bay. Thinking of removing clear coat(same product as wax I think its just a Coleman marketing ploy) and moving wax and spot free rinse so that I can put the air shamee next to the stop position.

The unit is the older 3 motor design but it does have a counter on it so I'm curious to see how much use it gets. Any advice or tips from any of you that have them installed already? Mounting placement, wiring, boom placement etc....thanks as always!

OurTown

Reaction score
Hey guys I picked up a used Air Shamee not too long ago and I'm about to install it in my busiest or second busiest bay. I have all Coleman equipment and a 10 position switch at the bay. Thinking of removing clear coat(same product as wax I think its just a Coleman marketing ploy) and moving wax and spot free rinse so that I can put the air shamee next to the stop position.

The unit is the older 3 motor design but it does have a counter on it so I'm curious to see how much use it gets. Any advice or tips from any of you that have them installed already? Mounting placement, wiring, boom placement etc....thanks as always!

Mep talked about using a relay to be able to use the dead position on a rotary switch in case you didn't want to remove any selections.

MEP001

Reaction score
Mep talked about using a relay to be able to use the dead position on a rotary switch in case you didn't want to remove any selections.
It does work, but I don't recommend it as it's wasteful to not have a stop position. You still have to change the rotary switch anyway, so you might as well change it to one with more positions. I've only done the relay thing once which was years ago before there were 10-position switches, and I had to use a 3-stack switch. Now there are 12-position switches that use the same switch hole as the 8's and 10's.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Obviously you can't use the same contactor for both, but you can use two of the same one (One for the 3-phase pump motor and one for the dryer if the dryer has a 3-phase motor or the 3-phase power is 208Y where each leg is 120V) and feed both contactors with one breaker.
Agreed about common breaker ability ... not sure if how necessary it is ... but on our industrial duty washers in our laundromat ... in case one contactor's contacts stick ... even if the other contactor's coil is energized the two contactors are wired with a normally closed extra contact that prevents any chance of both power paths being on at once. A extra bit of fail safeness it seems.

washnshine

Reaction score
I too went with AIr Logic for my S.S bay dryers, they are already paid for in 2 years but the key is to use either a high-quality wax/clearcoat/drying agent to have customers always want to use it. I've been to too many sites where the owner skimps on that function and makes using the dryer pointless and waste of money for the customer which in turn won't use it again based on the water beading ability.
And make sure the sign on your dryer tells the customer to wax rinse then dry.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I combined the bug/presoak to add the blower on a 10 position Coleman meter box.

Scrubs,

Is your bug/presoak the same product? My meter box is setup as follows (starting at the 12 o'clock position going clockwise):

Stop
Tire Cleaner
PreSoak
Soap
Foam Brush
Rinse
TripleFoam
Wax
ClearCoat
SpotFreeRinse

The wax & clearcoat draw from the same tank on the super saver pump stand therefore I wanted to remove the ClearCoat put the SpotFree in that position and put the Airdryer in what used to be the SpotFreeRinse position next to the stop position. Are you running a Coleman pump stand as well or just their bay doors?

KleanRide

Reaction score
Wyatt, just installed one Air Logic dryer as a test unit in one of my bays. Noticing that the wind tends to catch the boom and hose and swings them into the bay. Did you shim/cant the boom mount bracket so it will swing back against the bay wall after use?

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
You definitely can shim it if you need to, in fact it should be angled down a few degrees. You have it almost perfectly horizontal.

wyatt

Reaction score
Yes, mount it a few degrees down. The other thing that might help is to mount the gun inline with the boom (not backwards and underneath) so it naturally swings towards the wall when they return the gun to the holder. That's how mine are, rarely have any issues.

KleanRide

Reaction score
Yes, mount it a few degrees down. The other thing that might help is to mount the gun inline with the boom (not backwards and underneath) so it naturally swings towards the wall when they return the gun to the holder. That's how mine are, rarely have any issues.
Thanks Wyatt, can you post a pic of how yours is mounted?