What's new

Old solenoid replacement ( have questions)

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
You should always use a Normally Open solenoid with any weep system.
In the event of a power outage no water will flow through your Normally Closed solenoid.

With a NO solenoid, the Weepmiser turns water ON by turning power OFF to the solenoid.

Randy

Reaction score
Are you using a Dixmor DX1000 weepmizer? If you are you should be using a Normally Open solenoid valve like cantbreak80 has said. I've had good luck with the ASCO 8210G34 110 volt solenoid valve.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
Actually its not a weep mizer, but works the same as far as i can tell, i forgot to look at the brand.

Randy

Reaction score
Actually its not a weep mizer, but works the same as far as i can tell, i forgot to look at the brand.
When I look at the picture a little better it looks like a dual inlet Dole valve that is only using one side of the valve. The easiest way to determine if it’s normally open or closed would be to disconnect the power, if it goes full on when you disconnect the power then it’s a normally open valve. They make a repair kit for the Dole valve. Check the voltage of the power going into the valve. Most Dole valves are 24 volt.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Had issues with weep solenoids failing. My guess it was debris built up over time. Went to Home Depot and got a whole house water filter. (Finer filter element than Banjo Filters) Have not had a failure in years. Change the filter element every fall.