What's new

Ok, I'm going to admit I am looking at Chinese IBAs...

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
My D&S 500 gantry is twisted beyond further use. I settled with the insurance company for the cost of replacing it. For what D&S wants for the gantry alone, I could get a complet new inverted L from someone like Sino Star, and there are simpler less expensive options as well... I searched and found that there are at least a couple of you who are running "imported" IBAs, and may have for some time. Which manufacturers, and how successful? You can private message if you want. I have imported chinese products for my other business and pretty much know what to expect, but I have a wash in a town of 2700 that is 20 miles from the big city of 30000. dont expect to do more than 10 to 15 washes a day.

mac

Reaction score
Well, for what it's worth, I would stay away from a Chinese anything, especially an inbay automatic. Yes. others here are buying imported machines, but they are established manufacturers with tears of experience, and an established distribution system where you can usually talk to a distributor or tech support. What does China have? And personally, I hate them. They basically steal our technology. You will see them at trade shows taking up close pictures of machines.

carwashireland

Reaction score
I have bought three from Leisuwash. They are indeed rather cheap and for the money are pretty good. If you are handy with a toolkit then it could work well for you. Be warned though, back up support is an issue and they will not be as functional as a U.S brand. For 30k with lava foam, lights, onboard dryers, tri foam, 2 step soap, under carriage wash etc it is pretty good. My next one is a Razor or an XP though.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I'll share this about Chinese equipment from my other business (commodity oilseed processing) had a customer balk at the price for a piece of equipment I quoted him. He was wanting another unit to expand production and said, "For your price I can buy 5 machines from China" I expressed my concern about them based on what I have been hearing in the industry....nevertheless I followed up on the quote 2 weeks later....they decided to go with the Chinese equipment.

18 months later was in the area where this customer was located so I decided to stop by to see if I could help them with anything. The plant foreman attended my visit a showed me the 5 machines that they purchased from China. 2 were installed 3 were still in storage. Of the 2 that were installed the 1st fell apart within the first week of operating due to bad metallurgy and welds. The 2nd machine ran a month then the transmission fell apart. 3, 4, 5 were in storage because the owner was so ****ed off he refused to install the others and wanted the Chinese company to refund all his money. I tried to help but the manuals were in Chinese and it would be 9 months before they could send a tech. from China to help him out. Best part, the other machine my father had sold this customer 3 to 4 years ago, American made, was installed next to the 2 broken units just working away like the workhorse it is no problems whatsoever. I told them just keep a regular maintenance schedule on it and throw parts at it and that American made piece of equipment will out live all of us.

btw....left with a nice purchase order ; )

So as mentioned above I would be very very cautious about buying Chinese equipment!!! As Mac said above, I see them at trade shows in the oil seed industry snapping pictures like crazy to copy our technology. I can't blame customers, their equipment is shinny, looks great at the trade show, and its cheap relatively speaking but it never last in the field!

Reaction score
"Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten" always holds true. With that being said, not everything coming out of China is junk but one had better be well versed(well connected) in the import/export business or speak Mandarin/Chinese and be willing to travel there to vet the equipment. I had a friend that purchased many lasers from china for roughly 10% of what they retailed for in the USA and made a lot of money. His company also serviced the lasers so he spent quite a bit of time getting to know the import/export business with China in order to be sure he was getting a quality product. If you just want to buy just one unit, it is probably more of a crap shoot.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My first piece of equipment was bought based on price. My Superior Side Trac was about $75,000 new. Made in Phoenix, AZ. With 100k washes on it, I have to say I am happy with my decision.

However, my next machine will be made by one of the major US car wash manufacturers. Price is just one consideration. I'm more inclined to buy a machine that's been tried and tested by one of my car wash friends.

In car washing, you want reliability and well-made machinery. You want good software and tech support that speaks your language. These are the things that will give an operator years of dependable service from the equipment.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I too am in the camp of buy used equipment from a US mfg. You can get a used water wizard 2.0 for 20K or so, sometimes less.

But let us know how this goes!

mac

Reaction score
I have a complete Sonnys inbay auto for sale for 10K. Still in operation and doing a good wash. And Dan Ark, out of curiosity, why do not want any brushes? The brush material today is light years ahead of the stuff from 10 to 15 years ago. Here is a link to the Lamborghini factory showing Istobal washing new $600,000 Aventadores coming off the assembly:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ist...IUQ9QEwBXoECAIQCg#imgrc=tM5B_RfXVke1oM:&vet=1

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
I'm worried about things flying around where people can get into them. My wash is really open and unattended. Less chance of catching antennas etc. Lots of mudders in my area too. Just seems a bad idea for now. I have located a replacement gantry for the old D&S 5000 so will get it going again and see what kind of customer base we have. Only auto in town so that helps. If I start seeing good auto sales, I will upgrade then.

sparkey

Reaction score
I have a complete Sonnys inbay auto for sale for 10K. Still in operation and doing a good wash. And Dan Ark, out of curiosity, why do not want any brushes? The brush material today is light years ahead of the stuff from 10 to 15 years ago. Here is a link to the Lamborghini factory showing Istobal washing new $600,000 Aventadores coming off the assembly:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ist...IUQ9QEwBXoECAIQCg#imgrc=tM5B_RfXVke1oM:&vet=1
Why would a brand new car coming off an assembly line need washed?

Second of all washing cars in a controlled factory environment, I can't imagine there would be hardly any dirt to clean off.

RobertRo

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Chinese's IBAs too, I'm from Romania, so american IBAs prices are too high for me, I can almost make 3-4$ top for one car washed. Any advice other than not buying from the chinese?

carwashireland

Reaction score
I have 3 x chinese machines and luckily know enough so that I can make them work. They will be good for 5 x yrs and do an ok job, for Romania either a 2nd hand American machine bought in Europe or the new Washworld RX7 would be a good choice!

RobertRo

Reaction score
I can't find the RX7 on google, are you sure that is the name? And what would you recommend Sino Star or Leisuwash? And why?

carwashireland

Reaction score
I have 3 that are Leisuwash machines. They are ok....but we had to make many changes to make them work. With an American machine you would not need to change them.

RobertRo

Reaction score
Do you think that they are better than Sino Star S9?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
With the price of these Chinese machines, If I ever entertained buying one, I'd buy 2. I'm sure they're about to get more expensive here in the US with the new round of tariffs.