What's new

Oil Cooler

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Have this oil cooler
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/4WTU1?Pid=search
on conveyor pack. When first instlled, tech put it on return line. Asked what happens if I revers conveyor since it's not rated for over 500psi. He said "you don't have a good situation.". Months go by, conveyor jams and i throw it in reverse blowing oil cooler seals. Now it's reinstalled on the speed control by pass but this only cools a small % of the oil. Normaly you install it just before the oli goes back into the tank.

My thought was install it between the tank outlet to the hudraulic pump and the pump. So long as 100% of the oil gets cooled each time it passes thru the pump / motors what's the difference if it gets cooled afterleaving the tank or before entering the tank?

Possible glitch is cooler capacity is not sufficient and will starve pump.

Thoughts?

JimmyJaffa

Reaction score
Earl, in 10 years we only had to reverse our conveyor one time 8 years ago in our old wash. We swapped the return line from before the cooler, with the feed line which was hooked back up to the cooler. how did you make yours go in reverse through the cooler?

MikeV

Reaction score
If he has an AVW conveyor, the have a reversing valve mounted in the conveyor power pack.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
2 AVWs with reversing valves, one other (mfg unknown) with a reversing valve and one with quick disconnects on the hoses to swap if needed.