What's new

Off-site POS advice needed

Baywash

Mike
Reaction score
I have a wash location in which we sell washes from the Murphy USA store across the street. It does well and constitutes about 25% of my IBA business. There is another C-store one mile from my location that I am considerer setting up with the POS system at the pumps. Both the owner of the C-store and myself have concerns about the logistics of the wash and gas pumps. Between the Murphy store and the C-store, they sell the bulk of the gas in this small town.

My question...anyone with experiance with POS situation where the two locations are not within eyesite. Do many customers demand refund because they don't want to drive one mile to the car wash? Is there confusion? What can I expect?

I am ready to install the system, but the C-store owner has concerns.

Baywash

Mike
Reaction score
Let me ask another question then......does anyone besides me use codes?...and if so, what would your opinion be on there use if the POS was one mile away.

Ceverett

Fixer Of Things
Reaction score
Honestly I think it would be a pretty risky move with the lazyness of some people nowadays. I'm sure the C-store would more than likely get alot of refund request's once they found out the wash was a mile away.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I know my situation is different, but I'll throw it out there anyway. I have a coupon with a discount code on the back of the local Kroger register receipt. The wash is about 3/4 mile from the store and not just straight up the road. I have had virtually no issues with the wash not being near the store. One thing that I thought may be an issue was the fact that I actually do have a wash that is within sight of the store. It looks different and has a different name. After a year, I maybe have had two or three people come to the wrong wash.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I think that putting a nice sign at the C-Store, with a map/info and put in the contract that the C-store handles any refund/problems from that issue.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
We have a few remote sites and it seems to work fine.