What's new

Oasis Typhoon

soonermajic

Reaction score
Got a friend lookin at a wash with this IBA. They claim they can do cars in 1 minute. I think no way in he!! they do cars in 1 minute. Anyone have experience w/ these? Cost, dryers, cleanability, maintenance, etc...

MEP001

Reaction score
Most machines can do a car in one minute with the right settings, but getting it clean safely in one minute is unlikely.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Lots of moving parts..... I have never seen the pumping system for Oasis but to have all 5 arms washing at the same time that would probably require 2 - 3535 cat pumps running, I watched the videos at Oasis's website very interesting systems, but like I said before more moving parts means more maintenance.

nebcw

Reaction score
We run a Typhoon. Its actually two 3545 cat pumps, with zero degree nozzles. It really gets with it when the high pressure kicks on. 2 years since install and we like it. Like Diamondwash said lots of moving parts. Its basically two machines in one. what gives us the most trouble is our hydraulic lines, and water lines occasionaly. They just tend to ware a little more then I would think other machines might. We keep spare lines around, and all in all its not that big of a deal. We are pretty fast at changing them now, and when we have lines all day having all those moving parts work together is deffinatley worth it because we can wash 18 cars an hour. 100 cars a day is a walk in the park for the typhoon, and what is above and beyond the best part about Oasis equipment is the company. Those guys down in Galena Kansas are awesome. Big family environment. Great guys to work with, and that was important to us.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Neb, that sounds great. Does it do a good job of cleaning? What is your top pkg consist of, & how long does it take? Also, does that include dryers?

nebcw

Reaction score
I believe that good chemical setup does the cleaning not the machine, but the typhoon does have on board rocker panel blasters that to do a really good job cleaning wheels, dried mud on running boards etc.

Top package

$12.00 with a A la Carte hot wax $3.00

Double pre soak
wheel cleaner
Undercarriage flush. It sits over top the grate. Not when you drive in.
Triple foam polish
Full Body protectant
Spot Free

Add additional pass for Hot wax if chosen.

So, with the hot wax we are rite at about 3min 30seconds. That is from the when the presoak hits the car until the dryers kick on. We have a extended bay. 60 feet. So when the wash is over the customer pulls towards the dryers and starts drying '60second dry time" while the next customer is already pulled in and the typhoon is pre-soaking. You don't have to set it up that way, but to have a high volume wash site its neccesary. That is how Oasis will recommended doing it also. I couldn't imagine not doing it that way after a couple winters with it set up like that.

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
Very mild Winters from Ok, Ar, on South. I'm in NE, Tx, so no uptick in Winter at all. However, the SS bays don't slow down much, cause of all the rain.
So, it's 3:30 b4 dryers, 4:30 w/ dryers (subtract a minute, as you're a modified "tunnel". Do all Typhoons come set up as a mini tunnel?

nebcw

Reaction score
No. Just recommended by Oasis. top wash. Our $12.00 wash is 3min30sec with the hot wax. After the the wash cycle it takes 15 seconds before the entry door opens for the next customer. So, the next car in line should be getting presoaked at about 3min and 55 seconds to 4min after the first customers wash. alot of times the 2nd customer in line already will have the first pass of pre soak on the car while the first car is finishing up the drying cycle at the other end of the bay.

It depends a little but on the driver of the car. First timer, someone who might be a little older etc.

Its also important to have an auto cashier get a customers attention to put in the there money while they are waiting on a wash to finish up. You dont want a customers to wait for the car to finish washing then start putting in there money. Some times people can be your achilles heal when it comes to through put. We had to tell people for months that its ok to put in there money while they are waiting, and that they dont have to wait for the car to finish. Our old machine you couldn't do that, and that was just what people were used to. So when we out in the Oasis new there was a but of a learning curve. Everyone does fine now though.

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
Not sure how this posting got current. I think Oasis went belly up. While the machines may have had some good points, they were a pain to service. For instance I think there were 63 grease fittings. And you had to remove screw on panels to get to a lot of them.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Mac, I started this thread JUST LAST WEEK. HA. I think their company is doing really strong. Good info to know about the grease fittings though....

mac

Reaction score
Sorry, I got the Oasis confused with the Power Rain machines.

carwashireland

Reaction score
Anyone else had any experience with the latest Oasis XP and Typhoon washes. I have a customer keen to see one but not sure of wash quality and speed claims