What's new

Oasis Typhoon?

Jony82

Reaction score
Glanced quickly through the older posts and couldn't find anything on the Oasis Typhoon.

Any one have any opinions on this IBA?

Reaction score
Im not gonna step on any toes, my opinion after putting one in years ago. there are a lot of good machines out there Id look into some other options.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Maybe you had problems years ago but the Typhoon would hold its own against any other touch free unit on the market.

Rockstar

Reaction score
What do you want to know? I have a 2004 model and just like everthing there are pros & cons.

RConine

Reaction score
I have had 3 Monsoons and one Typhoon. I would not go with a Typhoon again unless I had an existing location that I new was extremely high volume. I have been happy with my Monsoons until the last one I bought. It had an updated pumping station with a factory design flaw that blew my pump out in less than 2 years of operation (It never worked properly and had an extreme vibration). Oasis has refused to help out with my $2,000 parts bill but my supplier (Townco Equip.) was nice enough to give me the labor because they are honest people.

Good Luck,

Russell

Jony82

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

How much maintanance does an IBA take on a weekly basis? Is it necessary to have the wash staffed when operating the IBA? I currently only have SS bays and am able to do the necessary work (cleaning, repairs, etc) by myself and I don't need to be there watching it all the time.

Basically, how reliable are they and will I realistically be able to keep my full time job if I put one in?

Gabriel

Reaction score
A great Distributor and a location close by is the key to your delima. Search out the most solid performance Automatic you can find that requires little maintenance. There are a couple depending on your location.

Jony82

Reaction score
A great Distributor and a location close by is the key to your delima. Search out the most solid performance Automatic you can find that requires little maintenance. There are a couple depending on your location.

I'm in Iowa. Any you recommend?

Gabriel

Reaction score
I'm a long way from you, but if I were looking I would hit the shows, talk with every operator that you can find. They will be doing a lot or bitching if they have a bad Distributor and are having trouble with their automatics. Don't considers Oil Company Automatics--they don't even notice what they spend or how often they are broken down. Find the Distributors close by and get information from operators on their performance. Like I said, a good Distributor close to you will make for success. You are going to have constant problems that need solving and some Automatics are just more durable than others. Not being over engineered and simplification in design soon have great meaning ( Not just a pretty face). From the forum you can pretty quickly tell who is having the problems and why. I hate to try to name Automatics, others would probably feel differently, but you can find them among the top Manufacturers here on the Forum.

nascarwash

Reaction score
i have had issues with the oasis typhoon since the very day it has been on my property the machine came damaged. the plumber fixed it and oasis nor washco the distributor never took care of the plumber. the machine is a nightmare

Last edited:

nascarwash

Reaction score
Im not gonna step on any toes, my opinion after putting one in years ago. there are a lot of good machines out there Id look into some other options.
may you please explain your comment we are all adults here we r here to seek truth facts and to help thy brother stay out of harms way so please state facts we can and all have our own minds for opinions on what is and what is not PLEASE JUST STATE FACTS

MEP001

Reaction score
nascarwash said:
may you please explain your comment we are all adults here we r here to seek truth facts and to help thy brother stay out of harms way so please state facts we can and all have our own minds for opinions on what is and what is not PLEASE JUST STATE FACTS
He gave his opinion. He SAID it's his opinion. He didn't make any statement that needs to be backed up by fact.

nascarwash said:
do u no who installed it or could u find out or ask the owner please:)
As far as us all being adults, why do your messages look like the texts of a 12 year old?

my2cents

Reaction score
I would contact Darrell Winter from Midwest Carwash Systems in the Cedar Rapids area. He covers Iowa and Nebraska and can give you the pros and cons of a few machines. His number is (319) 533-5215.

Ries

Reaction score
I would also recommend contacting the WashWorld distributor in Iowa. WashWorld has excellent products and great customer service and the Iowa Distributor is no exception.