What's new

Oasis Typhoon Rear Wand Issue

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Anybody with a Typhoon ever have this issue?
Intermittently our rear wand will not go across the back of any vehicle. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and then again this week. Manually the wand can be extended and run home without issue. The count up prox works fine as well as the home prox. The machine is measuring the rear of the vehicle properly and moves the rear bridge to the correct position but then the wand will not move from home. I am waiting to hear from Oasis tech support but figured I would see if anyone else has some insight.

I did just re-boot the PLC and had this outcome:
First car through, the rear wand went across the back of the vehicle one time and then stayed home the rest of the wash. Had an 004 error...rear wand count up prox switch.

Second car, the rear wand went across throughout the wash as it should?

It will probably be fine for a few days, we’ll see.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad prox to me. Try swapping with the front wand or a spare. Also could be distance set improperly, conductive grease on the prox, rear wand home prox sticking on, problem with count flag/bolts, electrical cable or qc, etc. So... Just eliminate until your down to only 50 possible options, then guess!

slcw

Reaction score
If you haven't, clean the lens on the length prox sensors. Next watch to see if soap is some how being sprayed so that it is going over the bottom prox lens in the rear wand. A plugged tip might cause this. Last check wires for a loose/bad connection in the box. Last, replace the prox in the rear wand.