What's new

Oasis Monsoon

HCW

Reaction score
could the undercariage water mist interfere the lazer beam on the photo eyes? recently after the weather got colder customers called us stating that the STOP&BACKUP light comes on when the undercariage comes on as they are proceeding forward and before they reach the photo eyes. On a busy day one of us kept an eye on the DATM and the other watched cars pulling inn. We noticed that when this problem pop up the #10(photo eyes blocked) light flashes briefly. BTW it happens every now and then and sometimes to several vehicles in the row, and if vehicle proceed to the threadle plate the wash resume normaly.

HCW

Reaction score
I don't know what type but i know that the amp is a telco. Oasis Tech support (Jerry & Tim) have been super helpfull and the last time we spoke I was told to lower it all the way down then pick it up one notch. We haven't been that busy lately due to cold weather but this problem happened once that I noticed (after lowering the amp). Could it be that certain vehicles direct the UC mist toward the photoeyes more than others. It could be coincidence but I think it does it more on trucks than small cars!

Last edited:

HCW

Reaction score
Photoeyes are clean. Yesterday I noticed that it also acted up on a wash without UC, so that should roule out the mist/fog blocking photoeyes created by UC. STOP and BACK UP light up simultaneously, is that normal on a monsoon? Also it only happens after vehicle drive over UC plate.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
sounds like a short in the stop/backup circuit. bad wire/pressure switch or relay for stop or backup sticking?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I won't rule out photo-eyes just yet one of them could be on the brink of going out sending a false signal to back-up. Does your system have a treadle plate with a back-up hose?

HCW

Reaction score
I won't rule out photo-eyes just yet one of them could be on the brink of going out sending a false signal to back-up. Does your system have a treadle plate with a back-up hose?
The vehicle drive over the UC treadle plate(if purchased it comes on) then proceed to the second treadle plate where the sign should say STOP, but if vehicle drive over the second plate and proceed the photoeyes (on the bridge) will detect and the STOP BACK-UP light turn on, I am wondering if only the BACK-UP light should light-up and not both STOP & BACK-UP?

I hope that answered your question DiamondWash

HCW

Reaction score
Is there a way to test photo eyes? can they develop a weak signal or they either work or not?

Etowah