What's new

Nuisance Vandalism

Rodebaugh1

Reaction score
When I got to the wash this morning, a lady told me she lost a quarter in one of the bays. I quickly gave her a quarter and went to check out the problem. I could not get any quarters to go in the quarter slot. After taking the door off and dumping out a couple of quarters, I saw something else lodged further down. Had to remove the sensortron only to discover a 3" piece of gorilla tape wadded up in the coin chute. Not a big deal to remove it and put everything back together. But something is not right when you feel lucky that some punk shoved tape into your coin acceptor instead of JB Weld.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
When I got to the wash this morning, a lady told me she lost a quarter in one of the bays. I quickly gave her a quarter and went to check out the problem. I could not get any quarters to go in the quarter slot. After taking the door off and dumping out a couple of quarters, I saw something else lodged further down. Had to remove the sensortron only to discover a 3" piece of gorilla tape wadded up in the coin chute. Not a big deal to remove it and put everything back together. But something is not right when you feel lucky that some punk shoved tape into your coin acceptor instead of JB Weld.
Make sure everything is working properly. If I see something like that or like a cut vacuum or foam brush hose it can be someone trying to get even with you for a real or perceived loss at the wash. It may have been just an ornery prank, but I always investigate further when I see something like that.

mac

Reaction score
What did John Wayne say, "You can' fix stupid."