What's new

Nuform or Extrutech

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi all,
looking through the forum I decided to go with either Nuform or Extrutech. But there is still another question:
Nuform and Extrutech both list their wall panels only to use up to 120 degrees F. However, in summer in direct sunlight it can get much, much hotter. Have you had any problems with this?

Looking at both options which one would you choose an why?
Thanks a lot.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have Extrutech Wall panels on (4) bays. (3) bays are inside and (1) bay is outside (Truck Bay) which has the panels on the outside wall of the building. It faces the West, evening sun. They have been installed about 10 years and I don't have any real issues with it.

I have had a few holes punched in the panels with someone waving the gun or whatever, but its easily repaired with white silicone...Not a perfect fix, but covers the dent or hole.

All in all, if these panels can hold up outside, then it has to be a good product. If I ever have to replace the panels, I'd go with the same stuff.

Forgot to mention, white reflects light nicely....Your bays will be brighter than if if you have block or brick walls...

chewy007

Reaction score
I just finished a project with Octaform, we used them because they have a very tight tongue and grove system. Overall we are happy with the product I had the opposite issue with we installed them in below freezing temps so I though they were very brittle.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I installed Extrutech in my tunnel in 2007. It still looks like new.

Eric H

Reaction score
I think that the key to keeping the walls looking good is to use an appropriate cleaner. I have a building built on 2005 with RBS that almost looks new. My competitors washes have both extrutech and nuform. Unfortunately they used strong acids, simple green, and purple degreaser (I forget the brand name) to clean their walls and the gloss finish is mostly stripped off. I have been using Stone Soap's Restore (diluted about 5:1) and a brush to clean my walls and they still maintain the gloss finish.

Etowah