What's new

Nozzles on WashWorld Razor/Profile

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I just installed a Razor with Luminarch and the foam insert is problematic already. Thats been out for several years and they havent nailed down how to keep it in place and not block the nozzles. It wont last long. I don't think I would want the first generation of Gen 5 even though I think the Razor's impact is less than impressive.

How are they accomplishing the switch between the low pressure and high pressure manifolds when there can be only one feed due to the pivot point?

washnshine

Reaction score
Guess they realized Petit was taking away alot of business and this is a great way to match some of what Petit offers. Hope it makes a positive difference in cleaning.
Could be, but it looks more like what PDQ did with the G5 model. It looks like they are turbo nozzles, not oscillators. Also - the separate soap manifold - and still using one arm instead of two. Certainly could have been influenced by what Petit is doing, but still kept it unique by comparison. Not sure if PDQ still offers the G5.

New Washdog

Reaction score
Washworld has a brand new arch at the Car Wash Show that has zero degree rotating nozzles. The arch has two sets of nozzles, one for lp soap application and the other set is HP rotating nozzles. Cant wait to see it in action

David
I'm praying that WW offers a retrofit kit to this system

edit to add: my Razor3’s that were installed in 2016 are still cranking out clean cars with very few issues. My customers still exclaim “ILOVE this Carwash. It’s the only one that actually gets my car clean”. I have to remind myself that just because it’s new and shiny doesn’t mean it’s better than what you already have.
This looks similar to the PDQ G5 design to me. We just switched from G5's to razors that do not have the rotary nozzles. Not sure rotary nozzles will improve wash quality because the clean of the razors seem to match the G5's.

New Washdog

Reaction score
Could be, but it looks more like what PDQ did with the G5 model. It looks like they are turbo nozzles, not oscillators. Also - the separate soap manifold - and still using one arm instead of two. Certainly could have been influenced by what Petit is doing, but still kept it unique by comparison. Not sure if PDQ still offers the G5.
It's a no, on PDQ still offering G5's..

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I was told the trolley has been redesigned for this system which means if anybody here who has owned a Ryko OHD or Radius knows it's no longer a single line providing chemical and high pressure rinse.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
I was told the trolley has been redesigned for this system which means if anybody here who has owned a Ryko OHD or Radius knows it's no longer a single line providing chemical and high pressure rinse.
How do they have two separate manifolds that pivot around a common point?

Roz

Reaction score
Did they say if there is an upgrade kit for an existing Razor?

The foam on the arch is BS, partially blocks the nozzles such that we had to trim the foam to make the openings larger - still not perfect.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I removed both foam covers from my wash arm, because if the arm rotates into the vehicle that foam isn't going to protect the vehicle at all, the plastic cover is going to hit the vehicle regardless. The arm would have to drive straight into the vehicle for that foam to be effective.

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
The foam on the arch is BS, partially blocks the nozzles such that we had to trim the foam to make the openings larger - still not perfect.
How did they miss that?

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Work out the bugs on the existing equipment first
I haven’t actually looked to see what nozzle sizes or patterns they are using but I may change them to the nozzle kit that General sells for the LW4000 and see it it makes a difference on the impact.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I haven’t actually looked to see what nozzle sizes or patterns they are using but I may change them to the nozzle kit that General sells for the LW4000 and see it it makes a difference on the impact.
Ok, if/when you do, please let us know immediately.

soonermajic

Reaction score
CarwaahIreland, do you or anyone else, have rhe exact nozzles for the top of the arch? Mine has 7, not 5. Maybe replace the inner 5? Or 1,3,5, & 7...?

Also, anybody got good advice on the foam on the arch? What are yall doing to keep it from blocking the PS & hp rinse?

carwashireland

Reaction score
CarwaahIreland, do you or anyone else, have rhe exact nozzles for the top of the arch? Mine has 7, not 5. Maybe replace the inner 5? Or 1,3,5, & 7...?

Also, anybody got good advice on the foam on the arch? What are yall doing to keep it from blocking the PS & hp rinse?
I would say it's not lined up right. You may need to remove the nozzles, then slide off the blue cover and refit it. It may not have been fitted correctly.