What's new

November weather

dogwasher

Reaction score
Wow, November is usually good even last November was good but now that were into December I was looking back and not so good this year. The weather has been the culprit not so much the economy or the 3 dollar dummy's but just awful weather. Cant wait for some snow!

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Mine was mostly weather. October, November and December are my worst months. However, this November was a combination of a perfect storm. The economy and constant rain made for my WORST MONTH EVER! Hopefully this will be a record that stand for all time.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I agree, usually Nov & Dec are usually slow months (unless the snow flies early). This year Nov was a terrible weather month. Rain, drizzle, cold....etc. No one wanted to get out and wash, saving money for xmas shopping I suppose.

Can't wait for the salt & sand to hit the roadways!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you guys ever thought about added profit centers that are less weather-dependent? That's what I am doing.

Also, on rainy days I get out my folders of projects I am working on to save money or make extra revenue and chip away at them.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Have you guys ever thought about added profit centers that are less weather-dependent? That's what I am doing.

Also, on rainy days I get out my folders of projects I am working on to save money or make extra revenue and chip away at them.
So how's that working for you? What additional profit centers have you added? I am space limited. What has made you the most?

I did several money saving projects over the last year saving myself approximately $800 per month in water and electric.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow the water and elec. savings sound great.

Detailing is my main profit center at the wash.

I am in process of adding used car sales, looking at multi family residential properties and have always liked the petwash idea.

For cost savings I am looking at the payback for drilling a private water well on site.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score

I am in process of adding used car sales, looking at multi family residential properties and have always liked the petwash idea.

For cost savings I am looking at the payback for drilling a private water well on site.
Wow, you must have a bigger lot than me. I certainly do not have room for a multi-family residential site at my wash, not to mention no room for car sales. I considered a pet wash, but I do not believe that it would be profitable in my market. I have 5 SS bays and could use one, but the capital outlay then maintenance in heating and cooling it would offset any income.

Another wash in a neighboring town put in a private water well. It works well for them where the water costs twice as much as the sewer. In my municipality, however, the sewer bill is more than twice as much as the water so a well will not help me.

dogwasher

Reaction score

At this point Im ready to drill a hole in my head:p

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're talking about an earring hole I don't wear one but that's the only hole you should drill in your head.

No, not rental property on my carwash lot; ones that are already built.