What's new

No soap in self serve carwash

Nknjeim

Reaction score
New to carwash business; I’ve got 6 bays with Coleman’s equipment.
Problem in one bay only.
I replaced both air and soap lines in addition to the foam generator; soap still won’t come out (turned it on for almost five minutes)
Air is coming out from both lines (air and sop) where they teed to the foam generator.
could it be the solenoid is not working? or I have to wait longer time till the soap come out?
Thanks

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I assume you are referring to foam brush. You say "air is coming out both lines". That is an unusual problem if all the other bays are working. You need to start at your solenoid bank.One bank is supplying air and the other is supplying liquid. You should have one line coming from each solenoid bank teeing together to make foam at the generator. It's possible someone plumbed it wrong and supplied two lines of air to one bay, but that would mean two lines of liquid is going to another. Do you have another bay that is liquid only?

Remove the lines from the solenoid bank going to that bay and turn the foam brush on. See what happens there.

Nknjeim

Reaction score
I assume you are referring to foam brush. You say "air is coming out both lines". That is an unusual problem if all the other bays are working. You need to start at your solenoid bank.One bank is supplying air and the other is supplying liquid. You should have one line coming from each solenoid bank teeing together to make foam at the generator. It's possible someone plumbed it wrong and supplied two lines of air to one bay, but that would mean two lines of liquid is going to another. Do you have another bay that is liquid only?

Remove the lines from the solenoid bank going to that bay and turn the foam brush on. See what happens there.
Yes sir, I am referring to foam brush.
I had someone (not a technician) come replace two broken lines for me after I noticed some leak coming off the roof.
I think you’re right, because the foam generator was working fine while I had the leak but once he replaced those lines, no foam anymore.
Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm going to bet on a bad technician here since he "fixed a problem" and evidently made it worse. Did he not check the bay after his work? Greg may be right, the easy way to test his theory is to see if all the other bays are making foam. If they are, my bet would be he removed the solenoid stem with a pair of pliers instead of a deep socket and crushed it, and now the solenoid can't open. Either that or he tried some lazy fix instead of doing it properly.