What's new

No soap in one bay

randall

Reaction score
I searched this topic and could not find any answers to this question..I am not getting any soap in bay 4(all other bays have soap) I set it on wash and all i get is high pressure water no soap at all. Any suggestions??

Eric H

Reaction score
Did you check voltage on the coil? and take the valve apart to check for a blockage? Sometimes I just take the poly tube off of the valve outlet and turn the bay on soap. If soap trickles out it usually indicates that there is voltage but there still may be a slight blockage.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Do all the other functions work in this particular bay? If they do, energize bay#4, turn swicth to "wash/soap" and check soap solenoid in equipment room for this particular bay to see if your getting 24vac to it. You need to isolate where the problem is, either in the bay meter or in the equipment room. Could be something as simple as a broke wire on the rotary switch. I'm assuming you do have rotary switches in your meters?

randall

Reaction score
All functions work in the bay,and the solenoid does energize. I checked it for debris in the solenoid as well

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Did you check voltage on the coil? and take the valve apart to check for a blockage? Sometimes I just take the poly tube off of the valve outlet and turn the bay on soap. If soap trickles out it usually indicates that there is voltage but there still may be a slight blockage.

you must try what is suggested above as the first and easiest test. Take off the tube at the discharge side of the solenoid. Make sure soap is coming out there. If not check other stuff.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Before I turn the first wrench I have someone run the bay on soap with trigger pulled. I then throttle back the water supply so the pump cavitates to beat hell and then turn it back some more, maybe even all the way off. I'll do this two or three times and very often I get my soap back. If your solenoid is just full of slime from the soap tank this works very well.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I searched this topic and could not find any answers to this question..I am not getting any soap in bay 4(all other bays have soap) I set it on wash and all i get is high pressure water no soap at all. Any suggestions??
What timing for this topic! I'm having the same issue with my bay 4 as well. Troubleshot it all weekend (between busy times) and have not figured it out yet. I use a low pressure regulator to draw in the soap, which is usually the culprit when I'm not getting any soap. I've replaced that, the solenoid for the soap, and the check valve to the low pressure regulator. I get a quick 2-3 second burst of soap at the beginning, then nothing. My next step is to looking into the two valves (hot & cold) which feed the pump to see if one of them has gone bad.

Side note...I did notice that my pump stand receives a 33volt charge when the pump is turned on for this bay. Interesting, I don't run anything at that voltage so I'm thinking something is leaking some volts. Therefore I'm replacing the contactor and overload as well. Not a good time to be having a bay down, great weather all this week!

MEP001

Reaction score
Jeff, are you referring to a zero-pressure regulator on the inlet of the pump? Those do fail and can be rebuilt with a kit. If your hot or cold solenoids were a problem you wouldn't be getting any pressure at all.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Yes, zero pressure regulator. Pump gets full pressure, just don't feel any suction in the zero pressure regulator when I pull the soap line off of it. I replaced it with a new one and received the same results. Maybe the new one is bad as well? I'll have to try a different one out on it to see if it changes anything.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Randall, did you get the bay fixed? If so, what was the problem?

randall

Reaction score
Problem solved...The hose under the soap tank was clogged with soap...Thanks for everyones help..

Randy

Reaction score
I knew it would be something simple, it usually is.