What's new

No pressure on rinse or wax

n00bie

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I rebuilt my pump because of bad seals (there wasn't any high pressure on rinse, wax, or soap). When I put it back, I don't get high pressure on rinse or wax BUT soap runs good. I get around 600 700 psi at 1100 psi setting for rinse and wax and hose is shaky; soap runs smooth without shaking. When I manually turn on the pump, it has good pressure but still shaky. Is air coming into the pump from somewhere? If so, how do I look for it?
Thank you!

Randy

Reaction score
It sounds like your starving the pump for water on the cold water/wax cycle. Check to make sure you don't have a blocked check or solenoid valve on the cold water side. Also check that your not pulling air on the wax inlet.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's probably the tubing line that runs from the soap solenoid in the bottom of the electrical box down to the pump. It's drawing air through a bad fitting or a hole in the tubing. The one for soap, which should be red.

n00bie

Reaction score
@Randy and @MEP001 .. Thank you both!

It was the soap solenoid side. Since it's working normally now, like you said MEP, I still see air/liquid running through that tubing line. There are 2 screws on solenoid, when I tighten it barely any soap coming to that tubing. When I loosen it, it has better soap but still has air in it. I check other soap solenoid and some of them loose and some of them tight. So I don't know if it's suppose to be tight or loose lol. I haven't checked thoroughly the tubing for leaks yet

MEP001

Reaction score
You shouldn't see air in the tubing lines. That's the air getting in and making the pump lose pressure and run rough.

I don't know what "2 screws on solenoid" means.

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
@Randy and @MEP001 .. Thank you both!

It was the soap solenoid side. Since it's working normally now, like you said MEP, I still see air/liquid running through that tubing line. There are 2 screws on solenoid, when I tighten it barely any soap coming to that tubing. When I loosen it, it has better soap but still has air in it. I check other soap solenoid and some of them loose and some of them tight. So I don't know if it's suppose to be tight or loose lol. I haven't checked thoroughly the tubing for leaks yet
What do you think those screw are for?

MEP001

Reaction score
They aren't for adjusting the soap and wax, unless someone has replaced the solenoids.

Randy

Reaction score
I think someone has replaced the soleniod valves and the screws are the adjusting screws on the side of the soleniod valve. But without seeing (pictures are always nice) what he's got you never know what kind of a cobbled up mess they have. It's almost like a guessing game sometimes. Your right there shouldn't be any visible air bubbles in any of the product lines.

n00bie

Reaction score
1640843144780.png

This is the solenoid was installed. That longer sticking out screw has a seal, it was unscrew and leaked out

MEP001

Reaction score
The o-ring may be missing from the screw.

Who changed out the solenoids for the ones with the adjustment?

n00bie

Reaction score
It must have been from previous owner. Anyways, it works normally now even though I still see fluid going through the tube (no water starving). I don't see leaks or bad fitting and even change the kip solenoid valve's plunger.
Happy new year Randy and MEP001!