What's new

No pressure Cat 340

Andy Burn

Reaction score
Since this winter when one of the bays froze, I've encountered a peculiar issue. Despite thawing the hoses, I never received any pressure from the pump, leading me to close the bay.

Today, I replaced all 6 valves, as they were severely damaged. The heads appear undamaged, with no cuts or nicks, but the plastic retainers on some were completely shredded. Unfortunately, even after replacing the valves there is no pressure. I thought it might be an airlock, connected the pump directly to the city supply but there is still no pressure. Do you have any suggestions on what might be causing this problem?

Randy

Reaction score
I'll bet that the seals in the head are shot. That happens when you run a pump with no water going thought it. Take the head off, replace all 6 seals and check the head for wash out. Also check the ceramic plungers on the pump, you looking for cracks or scoring.

MEP001

Reaction score
Make sure you're running weep guns unless you use an unloader instead of a balanced pressure regulator. I just dealt with a wash where the guy ordered shutoff guns and melted all the plastic bits in three of his pumps. The water circulating in the head without flowing anywhere will easily let it get hot enough to melt plastic.