What's new

no outputs in laser 4000

Etowah

ez clean 79

Reaction score
Hi, I have just installed what was supposed to have been a working 4000 w virtual treadle. I can't seam to get any outputs to activate or turn on through the disgnostics menu. also the bridge acts like it does't have power
but I'm reading 24v. any help would be great. we bought 2 of these & the other unit is up & running.

Thanks Paul 314-560-1890

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
Check to see if the carwash is disabled. If it is, this would explain what you are seeing.

ez clean 79

Reaction score
enable wash.

Thanks we have done that repeatedly. enable disable enable. If we turn off
the JO box with red disconnect switch it goes to wash disabled. if thats a clue.

ez clean 79

Reaction score
No outputs

We discovered the problem the cold start button had been pushed. All we need to do is reprogram everything. Anybody Know how to do it? I think we will call Kris from an early post & see if he can help.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
Are you sure that your issue is just that the cold start button was pushed? I assume that you have come to this conclusion, because you have no programming, hardware, or plumbing programmed?

I was going to suggest earlier, that you should check the battery on the controller, because you said that the machine goes to disabled every time you power the machine off. This should not normally happen.

I would get a list of all options you have on the machine. ( doors, weep, heat, soap heater, triple foam etc...), and serial number. Then , I would register the machine with PDQ, and order manuals. Then, I would call PDQ, and have them walk you through hardware and plumbing settings.

Configuring hardware and plumbing codes in the machine CAN be very easy, depending on what software version you have. Some versions were encrypted, which requires PDQ to assist you. I believe it is versions 17-19.

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
We discovered the problem the cold start button had been pushed. All we need to do is reprogram everything. Anybody Know how to do it? I think we will call Kris from an early post & see if he can help.
I will be in your neck of the woods this week. Give me a call and we can set up a time to meet. I should be able to stop over there on Thursday.

ez clean 79

Reaction score
still no Outputs

Kris & the factory were a big help. they got us reloaded & still no outputs.
So they think we had a bad controller so we replaced it with a working one.
Still no outputs. I guess we will try the connecting cable at P3 next.

ez clean 79

Reaction score
outputs at last.

We ohmed out the I/O ribbon cable from cpu to? & found a bad wire. Installed the new cable yesterday & it solved that problem.