What's new

No foam bath in Ryko Softgloss

docscarwash

Reaction score
I have Ryko Softgloss and the colored foam bath is not starting til about half way down the car. From then on, everything works fine. Any suggestions?

I am fairly new to the car wash business so any help will be appreciated.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Although I don't own any Ryko equipment, this doesn't sound like a solenoid issue to me. It sounds more like an eye/sonar issue, not finding the front/rear of the car.

Etowah

Ryko CS

Reaction score
When you say the trifoam isn't coming on until the middle of the car, are you talking about the water, the chemicals, or both? The trifoam cycles all begin at the front of the vehicle on a Softgloss (photoeyes are not involved in starting trifoam).

If water is not coming on, with trifoam detergent, this is controlled by valve V41. With trifoam wax, it would be valve V43. After each of these valves, there should be a check valve. If the check valve has debris or has failed, the water can drain back from the line and it would take some time to recharge.

If you are getting water but not chemical, I would suspect the check valves on top and bottom of each of the chemical pumps. It's unlikely that all three colors would be affected, but look at the check valves for each one not working.

docscarwash

Reaction score
It was a valve. It was not coming on til late. I had one that controls the tri foam. Thanks for all your help. I am finding this to be a valuable resource.

docscarwash

Reaction score
OK. It is still happening. I am fairly new at this and am still trying to figure out. Where is the check valve on my board? That seems like a very reasonable solution. The water and foam both don't start til part of the way back the car. It is worse when the wash has not been used in a while, so i suspect that the trifoam is seeping back.

jprb

Reaction score
Check the fittings on the tubing from the soap bucket to the Blue White pump. Also, you may need to replace the foot valve (check valve) on that line (in the soap bucket). This would not explain the water not coming on though. There could be a leak in the lines running from the Tri foam board to the machine, leaving an air gap that has to be filled each time the cycle starts.

JPRB

docscarwash

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all the help. As it turns out, it was a broken wire in the boom assembly. When the unit moved, it reconnected and started the wash. It was frustrating, but finally fixed! Hope this helps someone in the future.