What's new

No Cash Credit Cards Only.

Etowah

seattleguy

Reaction score
4 Bay self serve & 3 IBA's. Last week we went 100% cashless. Mainly to combat tweakers trying to break in and cut down on time and expense of removing cash all the time. Curious if anyone else has gone this route and the results?

MEP001

Reaction score
4 Bay self serve & 3 IBA's. Last week we went 100% cashless. Mainly to combat tweakers trying to break in and cut down on time and expense of removing cash all the time. Curious if anyone else has gone this route and the results?
Are you accepting CC only or are you also vending tokens somehow?

Randy

Reaction score
There was an article in the newspaper this morning about how our convention and venue center will be going totally cashless when they reopen it in early 2021. Smart phones and touch-less credit and debit cards only.

seattleguy

Reaction score
Randy, I read somewhere that Hamilton has a new Goldline that does swipe less credit card transactions. The Apple Pay and Google pay tap kind. Do you have any experience with them?

Randy

Reaction score
Randy, I read somewhere that Hamilton has a new Goldline that does swipe less credit card transactions. The Apple Pay and Google pay tap kind. Do you have any experience with them?
Yes the new Commander ACW is capable of going totally cashless, no bill validator, no coin cup, takes EMV insert credit cards, tap and go, Apply pay and Google wallet.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
We have not and we won't unless cash becomes outlawed. I'm of the belief that the more ways to pay, the better.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We have not and we won't unless cash becomes outlawed. I'm of the belief that the more ways to pay, the better.
On the flip side I have heard of accepting of cash mandatory in jurisdictions. Our local gov't regulations do not require that.

I think that for some operations such as Sam's Club Gas I hope there will always be a "no cash allowed" exemption for them ... because I like not only the significantly lowest price in town & 5% back but also the lightning fast "in & out" speed that I get my tank "filled up". Plus I have the smug 😊 satisfaction of not helping to subsidize the local automatic car wash gas stations ... where with their overwhelming local numbers most certainly have become entrenched serious competition for our small 6 bay self serve car wash!

wyatt

Reaction score
I am slowing trying to change the way my customers purchase a wash.

Back in May, I switched my lowest performing CC wash to give the customer a discount when they use a CC. Well I shouldn't say they get a discount, I upped the cash prices per minute and left the CC at the old time per minute. Was doing 20% CC, now, in just a few months it has transitioned to 60% CC.

Hoping in the future to bump up the CC price to the cash price and see if customers continue to use CC at the same rate.

So far I'm pleased with the results as overall sales are up.