What's new

Nexus help!

Reaction score
For some reason my brain doesn't want to work this AM. My Nexus is short sizing. All proxes seem to be working. I know it is a simple solution, just don't know what it is.:mad: Mad at myself.

Shorco1

Reaction score
Mike, I've not had that problem. Did you reset the sizing timers to a greater value? Are the photo eyes working? Have someone cover the photo eyes and see if the corresponding light illuminates in equipment room. The prox swithches are for the entry, mid point change over and the exit. I would check the photo eyes and the power units in the granty cabinet on the driver side. Call Magic Wand's emergency number located in your Nexus manual. They call back promptly. Good luck.

Reaction score
I'm waiting for their return call. I found a short the hard way, if you know what I mean. I move the machine to the middle prox, but it automaticly goes back to home. They think both photo eyes are locked on. Said to let it dry out and try again later. Lights 4,5,6,7 are all on in the home position.
Thanks Ken,

Last edited:

Shorco1

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

If you changed the monitor to new model the gantry will go to the mid point and quickly return to the home position, if your manually moving it This must be a new software change. Those lights should only be on when the car is blocking the photo eyes. I believe the tech on call can solve your problem. Let us know what it is.

Shorco1

Reaction score
Mike, what was the problem with the Nexus? I hope you're up and running.

Reaction score
I have parts coming Ken, but I'm pretty sure they diagnosed the problem correctly. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Mike, what was the problem with the Nexus? I hope you're up and running.
Sometimes I just think to much. :mad: It was both amplifiers. Then one was reading bad, I so changed out the transmitter. Still reading bad. Pulled the ampliflier out and found a loose wire. :)