What's new

Newbie to industry looking for starter tips

Ontheeyes

Reaction score
I purchased a wash in my rural town of 9000. One other site on opposite side of town. 1 Auto(old HydroSpray) 4 SS bay, 1 Truck bay. 4 Vacs on 2 islands. from guy that only went there once a week to collect money basically. He had a maintenance guy that took care of everything else and was told to do it as cheap as possible. I have built another business from nothing which I'm selling to take over this wash so have business experience.

I went to college for electrical technology and worked as electrician for awhile in past. Have pretty good grasp on electrical, motor control stuff. Decent plumbing experience so planning to take over the maintenance myself. I saw kleen rite has a maintenance dvd I'm going to order. Is there any other kind a videos, books anything to help in this area? I know of some YouTube videos.

I have been talking to guy that built the Automatic and used to maintain the site years ago. So far he's been great and plan to use him for new equipment.

Any help with some of these issues would be great.

It doesn't have any card readers now. That is first thing I'd like to upgrade. Equipment guy likes Wash Gear Cardmate2 for this. Good choice? Better out there?

I've only had it 6 days so far the Automatic is making less than 2 of the SS bays. That normal? Ideas to refab Auto and draw more business to it besides adding card? Thinking updating pay station decals?

Lighting is terrible at night. Best LED lights to look into for bays and lot?

The bay pits are small openings like 22"x22" maybe. Old owner had septic company suck pits out. They charged him $1700 each time. I need to get away from that. Best option for this? Any place to look for used equipment?

Need to add security cameras. Plan to do myself as I have some experience. Companies to look into for this?

Site needs cleaned up bad I know. Been working on that.

Have been lurking in site since started researching this purchase and have learned a lot already. Sorry it's so long but seems like there is a ton of knowledge here to gain. Thanks

Attachments

soonermajic

Reaction score
LED...Amazon
Good soap
Twke time on Automatic purchase. Maybe even buy used
Grt kids to dig pits. Save $5000
Keep clean & working
Decals S Thomas & Associates. Irving, Tx

bert79

Reaction score
Read everything u can on this forum. It is the BEST source of information from people with real experience. You can search the forum and find all of the answers to your questions.

Ontheeyes

Reaction score
Been researching the credit card deal and seems I could save significant money by installing cryptopay system myself. Any input on this over the washgear Cardmate2? Fleet cards are huge reason for installing CC system as very large customer would be using them instead of tokens. Seems worldpay is iffy if they have this figured out.