What's new

newbie question about adding wax to SS

Etowah

area123

Reaction score
Just bought this wash, haven't started operating it yet.

THe current owner says he had it ready to setup for wax but I think he said it needed plumbed in and a valve installed, he installed a small 5 gallon(ish) tank next to the high pressure bay pumps.

Assuming it has nothing but the tank, what do I need to add? I was thinking a hydrominder but I'm not sure.

Does the wax mixture just tie into the suction side of the high pressure pump line somewhere?

Any help is appreciated. I'm also going to call his equipment supplier and see what they say.

Thanks!

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I posted some pictures of my Mix tanks and soap and wax connections. Did you miss that? See link below. Also, I have an album on my Facebook page for our carwash. Check it out, theere are plenty of pictures to see how my wash is set up. I'd think you'd want to go the mix tank route using hydrominders. Having huge 30 gallon tubs would take up a lot of valuable real estate in the Er if you installed the same setup as your soap tanks....

http://www.autocareforum.com/showthread.php?12558-How-to-add-wax-sealant

area123

Reaction score
oh gosh, having a senior moment. (and I'm not even a senior citizen)

I had posted so many other threads I forgot I had even posted this question already. I went back and looked, thanks for that info.

Etowah