What's new

Newbie Evaluation

Etowah

MC3033

Reaction score
Generally car washes get a bit of a crowd that is more cash > card. I’ve been asked if we accept card hundreds of times at newer expresses. You will also find that lower the income the more cash is still used.

Self serves generally have what I would consider to be an ‘old school’ customer base. I believe it would be a big mistake to go cashless. I would however consider going coin free if you want to save a bit of time and hassle. If you plan on spending a good chunk of time on site I would take it all

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Self serves generally have what I would consider to be an ‘old school’ customer base.
I would say a big part of that is because most SS washes are "Old school". I would venture to guess that over 90% of washes dispense quarters, when their price is in multiples of dollars. You don't get anymore old school than that.

MEP001

Reaction score
I would venture to guess that over 90% of washes dispense quarters, when their price is in multiples of dollars.
I'd dispense dollar coins from the changer if I could get them. I can't even get dollar coins to put in an auto cashier hopper so people won't have to get 56 quarters back in change paying for a basic wash with a twenty.

Randy

Reaction score
I'd dispense dollar coins from the changer if I could get them. I can't even get dollar coins to put in an auto cashier hopper so people won't have to get 56 quarters back in change paying for a basic wash with a twenty.
We have no problem getting Dollar coins. We order them from our bank and it takes a few days to get them. But if I walked into the bank and asked for Dollar coins I might get 100, they don't keep a big stock of them on hand. We try to keep 500 in reserve so we don't run out.

MEP001

Reaction score
Yeah I could order them, we're not paying $35 for a box of 500 which will have to be replaced twice a month.

Randy

Reaction score
Yeah I could order them, we're not paying $35 for a box of 500 which will have to be replaced twice a month.
My guess would be they don't want your business. I'd try another bank. We've never had to pay for coins.

MEP001

Reaction score
All the national brand banks here charge for coins. There may be independent ones that won't charge if you have an account.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I must be in a great part of Tx/Ok. Ive got dollar coins @ 2 banks in SE Okla & 3 banks in Texarkana. All are local banks.
I do give them several days heads up.