What's new

Newbie Australian in China

apac

Reaction score
Hello gentleman and fellow Aussies,

I have read many of your forum posts and as an entrepreneur its rare to see so much support from each other in the same business.

As the title of this forum suggests, I am looking to start a business with 2 in bay automatics and some vacuums. I'm really attracted to the Water Wizard X, or the WW 2.0 as Coleman Hanna seem to have a lot of experience.

My main question to all you experts is, considering how far away China is from any support, what machine would you recommend that is maybe the most reliable. I envision spending around 80-100k US for each bay machinery, excluding building construction. Due to some expensive real estate I definitely want to go in bay automatic. The Saber Kondor also looks pretty good.

Cheers,
James

Last edited:

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Except for in the major cities, car washing in China is at the level of a developing country.

Why buy American?

For example, AutoBase in China makes and sells in-bays as low as $35K U.S.

You can buy a TP-901 mini-tunnel for $70K U.S. that does 35 CPH. The equipment frame is made to accept side glass and a roof and you have a building.

Construction and environment requirements are not as stringent as U.S. to say the least.

You can basically rent land, drop and plop a pre-engineered building and plug in the water/sewer and electric.

Run the equipment for 7 to 10 years (lease), throw it away and buy new stuff.

You can have a nice cash flow business with low property development and business operations risks.

apac

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help Robert. I really appreciate it and you saved me lots of time. You are right about the market here and maybe its a bit early to start such a project. The reason I wanted to go American is because I keep hearing about how reliable German and American equipment is. I have looked at Autobase Tepo and they do have some attractive looking machines but I am worried about reliability.

Just a further question, would you recommend less moving parts as that would mean less prone to breakdowns?

Cheers,
James

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
I don't think you would be able to afford the water wizard after shipment to make your budget. I would look into Haitian. They are in Nanjing, and I think they have been great to work with. Their Gantry machine (thouchless) is very similar to a water wizard, except they use all turbo nozzles that are fixed and no oscillation hardware. We have an 8 year old machine that is still going strong...

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
At the prices mentioned, why care about long term reliability?

Operate and fix as needed then junk system after 7 or 8 years for scrap and install new stuff.

Big cities in China like other Asian places (i.e. Taipei Taiwan) have been trashed by commerce and industry.

The environmental pollution is horrible. Things operate like a three ring circus.

Find a good location, plop down a disposable wash box and start making money.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Could also have tariffs associated with importing anything that would make it not an option?

The environmental pollution is horrible.
They fixed that before the Olympics.... plus who care. Everyone knows the US makes all the pollution on Earth.