What's new

newbee needs instruction

splash1

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to books, videos, pamphlets etc to help me understand how a self serve car wash pump room is set up.? I want to update my wash and make it simpler to work on. what I need help in now, is how to add a chemical feed for wand soap. I just bought this and it has a foam brush, water spray, and wax spray. NO soap spray to the wand???

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to books, videos, pamphlets etc to help me understand how a self serve car wash pump room is set up.? I want to update my wash and make it simpler to work on. what I need help in now, is how to add a chemical feed for wand soap. I just bought this and it has a foam brush, water spray, and wax spray. NO soap spray to the wand???
Ususaly there i an injector at the pump which is connected to the soap holding tank. Is there a soap holding tank? Wen rinse is chosen, hut fresh water flows thru the pump, but if HP soap is chosen a solenoid valve between the injector and soap holding tank opens allowing soap to be sucked thru the pump along with the fresh water.
Who is the mfgr of the pump stand / system? They may have a manual.

MEP001

Reaction score
Earl Weiss said:
Ususaly there i an injector at the pump which is connected to the soap holding tank.
I've worked on literally hundreds of different self-serve washes. There is not "usually" an injector. The most common way for soap to get to the pump is that there's one tank with (typically hot) water and another tank with mixed soap. The hot water feeds the pump straight and a solenoid between the soap tank and the pump controls the flow of soap when needed.

When you say "NO soap spray to the wand???", do you mean there's nothing happening at the bay when the SOAP function is selected, or is there water pressure and no soap? Does the pump run?

splash1

Reaction score
I've worked on literally hundreds of different self-serve washes. There is not "usually" an injector. The most common way for soap to get to the pump is that there's one tank with (typically hot) water and another tank with mixed soap. The hot water feeds the pump straight and a solenoid between the soap tank and the pump controls the flow of soap when needed.

When you say "NO soap spray to the wand???", do you mean there's nothing happening at the bay when the SOAP function is selected, or is there water pressure and no soap? Does the pump run?
Thanks for your help. This car wash used to have HP soap but someone removed the solenoids and associated plumbing from the wall. I have a soap tank, but no soap injector valves or solenoids and I see on the terminal strip 4 leads going nowhere.

MEP001

Reaction score
I guess I missed the part where there was no soap plumbed to the pumps at all and thought you had a problem. Assuming your wax spray is high pressure, you can just copy the setup for the soap.

I wonder why someone removed the high-pressure soap. I've seen a lot of washes lacking what I'd consider basic functions, but never that.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

QUOTE]

Perhaps by saying injector I used the wrong word.

Your explanation above is lacking as well.

There is a solenoid between the soap tank and pump, but somewhere there is a line from that solenoid that has to "T" into the supply where the soap is injected into the supply for the pump. when the solenoid opens the soap gets sucked into the pump along with the plain water. But there needs to be som mechanism for keeping any soap left between the solenoid and pump from backing up into the plain water.

MEP001

Reaction score
Earl Weiss said:
There is a solenoid between the soap tank and pump, but somewhere there is a line from that solenoid that has to "T" into the supply where the soap is injected into the supply for the pump.
We're just arguing semantics here. When you said "there is an injector," that would normally indicate that there is a piece of hardware actually called an injector somewhere in the system. You and I both know that a T fitting is not an injector, and per your own description the soap is not actually injected into the system.

Yes, my explanation is lacking too, but others had already linked to documents that give a good layout of the plumbing of a typical self-serve wash pump, so I didn't feel it necessary to describe the entire system in detail.