What's new

New Way To Apply Tire Dressing

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
With the advent of flat-belt conveyors where the wheel does not roll (stays in park position), there seems to be a new way to apply tire dressing without using am 8-ft. long dressing applicator. :confused:

Instead, a product is sprayed on the tire... and rinsed off the wheel, providing a uniformly dressed tire after going through an air dryer. Several product manufacturers appear to have developed a dressing that adheres to tires... but can be flushed off of the wheels prior to the air dryer. They call it hydrophobic tire dressing. :)

This would probably work for conventional conveyors, too. That simple spray-on process would ultimately save valuable building floor space for all conveyorized car washes... as well as pads. :rolleyes:

Unlike conventional tire pads that sometimes miss parts of a tire, developers say it covers all size tires uniformly. And, it's touchless.

Has anyone seen or heard of it?

-Steve

TheDoc

Reaction score
????? A tire dressing that will only rinse from the wheels and not the tires? If it is truly hydrophobic, then water will not rinse it from the wheels. Also if the wheel/tire is wet, what would allow it to stick?

I'm interested in the technology and a better explaination.

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
Not A Chemist... Just Heard Through The Grapevine

Don't Shoot! Heard about it, but haven't seen a demo yet. Shared what I know, hoping that others are plugged in, and willing to add.:eek:

Gave your boss a heads-up about it several weeks ago, and I figured that you might have heard of it. :confused:

-Steve

Bioshine

Reaction score
hydrophobiac

????? A tire dressing that will only rinse from the wheels and not the tires? If it is truly hydrophobic, then water will not rinse it from the wheels. Also if the wheel/tire is wet, what would allow it to stick?

I'm interested in the technology and a better explaination.

Another way to deliver silicone to the tire. instead of making an emulsion, it's a micro-emulsion utilizing the same chemistry found in drying agents, etc. An interesting approach to applying hydrophobe/silicone but expensive and somewhat corrosive I would guess. Quats love steel. yum!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I would also question how much more solution you would need on a cost basis since you now cover the entire wheel and tire with the spray. The viper targets only the tire and it's 50 cents an application or so.