What's new

New Washworld Razor Install...Tips, Tricks, Advice

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Just like it says...within the next month I should be up and running with a new Razor. To keep costs where they need to be, I am going to do as much work as my distributor will toss my way and was looking to get some tips from those of you that have already done it. A few things I will be doing:

• Running stainless steel tubing
  • Installing ACW 5
  • Running electrical conduits
  • Replumbing spot free lines and pnuematic lines

I'm sure there will be plenty of other things I will be doing, but this is the "list" that I will be tackling first. Let's hear it, what do you guys have?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make sure you align your cashier properly.

Are you in a cold climate? If so, heat your entry and exit pads.

Installing doors? Get the best you can afford.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Bubbles, glad to hear that your auto plans are finally going to come through. I've been debating about installing an auto or not, and I think I'm really close to deciding to do it.

A couple of questions:
1. Were you able to get the equipment lease like I think I remember you trying to do in the past?
2. Why the razor. What determined that over other washes.
3. Could you PM me what you are paying?

As far as your questions, I have never installed an auto, but plan on doing 75% of it myself - only call the distributor if I get in a jam. I've been looking at used units, but will consider new if it will pencil out. I will be doing significant building modifications to accomodate the new machine and will possibly do a lot of that myself also (not the brick work, I'm not much of a mason).

Rick Lancelle

Washworld Tech Support
Reaction score
Good Morning Bubbles Galore,
Congradulations on your machine purchase! You will be receiving the Owners Manual for your equipment shortly if you haven't already, the manual provides a great amount of information that will assist you in preparation for your install. Please feel free to give our Technical Support Department a call if we can assist you in any way.
1-888-315-7253

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
Hey Bubbles,

Congratulation on the purchase of your machine! Although I didn't do anything with the install of my new Razor other than look over my distributors shoulder and offer my input, I can only offer you the following advise. My distributor wanted to install the reader board, stop, drive forward, back up etc on the passengers side of the exit door wall. He claimed people tend to drive towards the sign when they are watching it. I wanted it on the drivers side. We put it on the drivers side and it seems that as people are entering the wash and watching the sign, they do tend to drive too far to the left, resulting in mirror contact on the first presoak pass. As you know the Razor only sizes on the back and passenger side of the vehicle, so a vehicle being too far right would be compensated for. I don't know what difference the placement of the sign would make, I just wanted to let you know my thoughts.

With that being said, we have only had 3 contacts in 700 plus washes, so it's not much of a big deal. As I get more comfortable with this machine, I can say I am more than satisfied with all aspects of it. You will love the programming flexibility of the wash packages and the quality of the wash it puts out. It's impressive.

Scott

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm getting pretty excited to get this puppy in. Washworld has put my delivery date at the 20th, but I'm hoping to get it a little bit sooner. We'll see, either way, I cannot wait!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I would want the sign on the passenger side if it were me. It's hard enough to get people to pay attention as it is, and an unobstructed view (no side mirror or windshield post) to the passenger side should be better.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
"As you know the Razor only sizes on the back and passenger side of the vehicle, so a vehicle being too far right would be compensated for"

The razor measures the front of the car....... The front eyes tell the car when to stop, and then at the beginning of the wash it moves forward. That is why you have front, rear, and width adjust in the programming.

kabak

Reaction score
It is still a copy of laserwash 4000 and does not sizes driver side

Etowah

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
I would want the sign on the passenger side if it were me. It's hard enough to get people to pay attention as it is, and an unobstructed view (no side mirror or windshield post) to the passenger side should be better.
I'm kinda wishing I hadn't insisted it be put on the drivers side. I was just convinced I knew more than the installer. It really wouldn't be a big deal to move it if we get a day it's not busy. ;)

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
I am not sure who mentioned anything about a laserwash,................., or that a razor sizes on the driver's side..........................................

I was simply stating that a razor sizes up front. I just wanted to make sure that IBFLYIN, and anyone else that reads the post realizes that a razor measures up front.

Obviously you are a PDQ fanboy.