What's new

new wash: wish me luck

mucoucah

Reaction score
We are bringing this place back to life. It has been idle for several years, and previous operator really didn't treat it well. They left the drains back up and a ton of sand had to be shoveled out from inside the pump room. I don't think this softener was working at all (no brine tank was found) and the drain pipe was cut, the regen water was just running on the floor.
The wall will have to be rebuilt because the corrosion ate up the roof support beams and the brick veneer is bowing.

We think we found a secondhand Coleman-Hannah pump stand, pay station etc to replace the current equipment. Unfortunately, the current stand (made from painted steel) is in too rough of a shape to make sense to try to recover.
Hot gas pipe must have corroded and there is about a 3ft section missing (cut off). So, there was no hot water either.

This will be my second location. We want to build it right, with hot water, triple shine, RO, probably a marine flush product given our area.

Wish us luck!

Comments, suggestions and advice are very welcome.

PS. This is "after" I cleaned and pressure washed the place. The "before" photo is too rough to publish.. we couldn't even walk in the door at first.. 😅

PXL_20240107_020507177.jpg

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way...I don't miss the startup and upgrade headaches at all! Good luck! A lot of us have been there!

mucoucah

Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way...I don't miss the startup and upgrade headaches at all! Good luck! A lot of us have been there!
No kidding. And they have started 😅. My second hand Coleman Hannah skid just fell thru..
If anyone has one for sale, I'm back in the market for one..

Etowah