What's new

New wash cryptopay question

MEP001

Reaction score
You're going to have to gut that box and wire everything direct. It's fun, I've done two washes. This one was about 26 hours over two days of standing there terminating the wires from the bay and wiring to everywhere it needs to go. It's not really complicated, it just takes some time and a lot of focus. I can probably "talk" you through it. That system runs the time and the relays are 24VDC so they have to come out. I used relays instead of multiplexers which saved about $300. Only the main transformer and the pump contactors remained.

Boxbefore.jpg

Boxafter.jpg

This one had everything labeled so it was somewhat easy. The REALLY fun one was 8 bays in three separate cabinets, nothing was labeled, and about a third of it didn't even work, so a lot of it became an educated guess.

Jsshac

Reaction score
It can be done like Mep said it just takes time. I am not a fan of one transformer you lose that and all the bays are down unless you have a spare

Bricks

Reaction score
You're going to have to gut that box and wire everything direct. It's fun, I've done two washes. This one was about 26 hours over two days of standing there terminating the wires from the bay and wiring to everywhere it needs to go. It's not really complicated, it just takes some time and a lot of focus. I can probably "talk" you through it. That system runs the time and the relays are 24VDC so they have to come out. I used relays instead of multiplexers which saved about $300. Only the main transformer and the pump contactors remained.

View attachment 6301

View attachment 6302

This one had everything labeled so it was somewhat easy. The REALLY fun one was 8 bays in three separate cabinets, nothing was labeled, and about a third of it didn't even work, so a lot of it became an educated guess.
So you’re telling me, I need to do all of that to get cryptopay? I’m not sure if it’s worth it.

Rodj

Reaction score
So you’re telling me, I need to do all of that to get cryptopay? I’m not sure if it’s worth it.
A wash near me has an identical setup, but they have CryptoPay and Dixmor LED6's with count-up without having to completely rewire the box.
The first picture with the two VFD's is for your automatic.
1655069055535.png 1655069087589.png
1655069194900.png

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
The PLCs that run everything will eventually fail. The five bay had two bays inoperable. Running the wires direct is a permanent fix.

Bricks

Reaction score
The PLCs that run everything will eventually fail. The five bay had two bays inoperable. Running the wires direct is a permanent fix.
Oh, like what I think happened last night? Show me the way! Pm coming soon

Bricks

Reaction score
This top light is off and I have nothing. 50B63B8C-6A79-46D9-A9F8-2BECDA5A4EB7.jpeg

Kar B Kleen

Reaction score
Like they say, you need to simplify. That's a reoccurring headache.