What's new

New wash cryptopay question

Bricks

Reaction score
Hello
At my new to me wash, I was told that hooking up cryptopay would be much different than it was at the other wash with dixmor timers. It has the hydro spray computer. Can anyone verify if they would be? Here they are.
404900B2-D612-4A3E-80B1-02635C91D4E2.jpeg 977D7F97-89E3-4D4F-9547-F805899ECBCE.jpeg

Bill Capron

Reaction score
I have really old Monorail timers. I too, thought it would be difficult to wire up Cryptopay.
It turns out all you have to do is wire the Cryptopay swiper just like it was a coin acceptor.
You program the swiper for number of pulses to start and time per pulse. The timer in the bay is set for number of pulses and time per pulse per coins.
I was WAY overthinking it.

MEP001

Reaction score
Cryptopay will work with any car wash timer, but in this case you can't run count-up without changing the timers.

Bricks

Reaction score
Cryptopay will work with any car wash timer, but in this case you can't run count-up without changing the timers.
Oh dang! What should I replace these with?

MEP001

Reaction score
I have put Dixmor timers in place of those. I ordered red plexiglass (I think 2 x 4") to sandwich between the timer and the door so it closes up the sides. I usually make studs by cutting #6-32 threaded rod, drilling the proper size hole for the tap, but I thread from inside only a few threads. You'll need really good taps and oil because that stainless is really hard. Then thread the stud in with a little LocTite and it makes a solid fit. You might have to cut the stainless angle at the top of the door to make it close, or order custom doors.

Jsshac

Reaction score
I am pretty sure Kleen rite makes a kit so you can remove the display timer and replace with Dixmore. Are these doors controlled by a hydrospray computer or just a timer in the equipment room?

Bricks

Reaction score
I have put Dixmor timers in place of those. I ordered red plexiglass (I think 2 x 4") to sandwich between the timer and the door so it closes up the sides. I usually make studs by cutting #6-32 rod, drilling the proper size hole for the tap, but I thread from inside only a few threads. You'll need really good taps and oil because that stainless is really hard. Then thread the stud in with a little LocTite and it makes a solid fit. You might have to cut the stainless angle at the top of the door to make it close, or order custom doors.
I am pretty sure Kleen rite makes a kit so you can remove the display timer and replace with Dixmore. Are these doors controlled by a hydrospray computer or just a timer in the equipment room?
I think it’s the hydro spray computer. Not 100% sure.

Randy

Reaction score
With the size of the opening on the face plate I think a Dixmor LED-6 would fit in there perfectly, you might have to get a little creative to mount it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use the LED7. The LED6 won't quite cover the opening, and I've had pretty high failure rates of the dot matrix displays.

Your current display is a GinSan. It's just a slave display - the timer is in the pump stand.

Bricks

Reaction score
I use the LED7. The LED6 won't quite cover the opening, and I've had pretty high failure rates of the dot matrix displays.

Your current display is a GinSan. It's just a slave display - the timer is in the pump stand.
I’ll open up the pump stand today if I have time. I need to figure out how this works. I sure like the Futura and dixmor timer setup at the other wash.

OurTown

Reaction score

I'm kinda confused by this. Isn't the LED6 wider? Also according to Morris at Dixmor they had a bad batch of those displays for a year or more and they are much longer lasting now. Actually we had some replaced about a year ago and they have a nicer more rich red color to them.

Bricks

Reaction score
Ok. So if I do this conversion to the dixmor timer, installation of cryptopay will be as simple as my Futura with the led 7? Will I need to run any new wires to the bays?

Jsshac

Reaction score
Ok. So if I do this conversion to the dixmor timer, installation of cryptopay will be as simple as my Futura with the led 7? Will I need to run any new wires to the bays?
I how is the system controlled now?

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
That CITECHT is an old SCADA system. If someone tied that into your old bay boxes and other systems, there should be a PLC mounted somewhere, most likely in an enclosure. If this is the case, you need to learn how to use and trouble shoot it or have someone cut it out and rewire it back to the KISS system.
Good luck!

Jsshac

Reaction score
I honestly don’t know. I bought the place last week and have been running around like a mad man. Maybe this computer? View attachment 6282
Personally I would convert to a Dixmore and re wire if need be. I haven’t worked on one of those in forever. What’s it look like inside the control panel? I will tell you this I don’t think Ginsan makes that display anymore.

Bricks

Reaction score
Personally I would convert to a Dixmore and re wire if need be. I haven’t worked on one of those in forever. What’s it look like inside the control panel? I will tell you this I don’t think Ginsan makes that display anymore.
There’s one more in the office by the computer. I’ll take a picture tomorrow if I have time. Thanks
A603EFB3-EDD6-4C70-9939-557DA6019580.jpeg B5028A8C-93B8-401B-8356-723AE2464427.jpeg D61ED611-9E84-4E2B-8F02-ACB953E374C1.jpeg