What's new

New Vacuums Needed! What would you recommend?

JustClean

Reaction score
I've got standard JE Adams vacs. They work. But I wouldn't buy them again. When you open the door the dirt is all over the place but in the basket. Okay, it is not a nice job cleaning vacs anyway but when the crap is all over the place and then falling out when you open the door that is just not good enough. I HOPE JE ADAMS IS LISTENING!!

MEP001

Reaction score
The rubber cleanout tubs made by Hamel should fit in an Adams vac. They catch nearly all the dust and dirt when used in the Industrial vac.

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi Mep,
that's why I bought the tubs years ago - but they just don't work in the Adams vacs. All the dirt is everywhere except in the tub. Okay I could try to seal it somehow but I must admit I just let my guys clean it :p

Dcalhoun

Reaction score
I have JE Adams vacs too and would not buy them again. I don't have experience with any other brands but they have to be better than Adams. Concerning fragrance and shampoo combo vacs; my fragrance vac did so little revenue and caused me so many problems (Adams brand) I took it out. The shampoo vac does o.k. but I am not sure I would replace it if it wore out or was damaged etc. For reference, I am located in a city of 35,000 in central IL.

Stuart

Reaction score
I've got standard JE Adams vacs. They work. But I wouldn't buy them again. When you open the door the dirt is all over the place but in the basket. Okay, it is not a nice job cleaning vacs anyway but when the crap is all over the place and then falling out when you open the door that is just not good enough. I HOPE JE ADAMS IS LISTENING!!

I would not buy Adams either =at least the 2 filter vac. Nobody should ever purchase a 2 filter vac where one filter per motor, what happens if one of the filters get really clogged? You have lost almost 50% of your suction. Can't believe anybody still makes them. My four filter/2 motor vacs work soooo much better, even if I have have to skip a weekly cleaning, they work great. BTW my 4filter vacs are 27 year old D/H Max vacs and still work great.

And motors do make a big difference. They are not all made the same. I tried to go with a less expensive, slightly less amp motor and my suction was less than slightly. Quickly went back to original motor.

I too am needing new vacs to replace some 2 filter vacs. Just a thought from my experiences. The more "bells and whistles" the unit has may bring in extra $ to that unit and costs to repair/replace things are more $. (ie. plastic dome & decal fade and deteriorate, light bulbs and cost to light it.) My all stainless vacs still look good.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have JE Adams vacs too and would not buy them again. I don't have experience with any other brands but they have to be better than Adams. Concerning fragrance and shampoo combo vacs; my fragrance vac did so little revenue and caused me so many problems (Adams brand) I took it out. .
Did you ever consider converting the shampoo function to tire inflator. Did that with an old Stand alone shampooer.