What's new

New Vacs or Combo Vacs

Reaction score
I recently had two older vacs stolen and need to replace them. Any suggestions on the best vacs or combos according to everyone. Please give me the pros and cons on your choice. Right now I have Dilling harris-Vacs and one Fragmatics combo Shampoo-Spot Remover.

MudMoney

Reaction score
Do a search on this topic as its been discussed a lot before

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
If they steal the old vacs, I would be worried about
new ones. That would be the biggest issue to
base your decision.

MEP001

Reaction score
I like the Doyle "Fresh Impressions" unit. For about the same price as a Fragramatics shampoo/spot remover vac or 3-fragrance and vac, you get three fragrances, shampoo/spot remover and vac. They're BIG and not likely to get stolen. Hoses being left twisted together is probably the worst problem, but it's not a severe issue.

MEP001

Reaction score
Very little has changed in the development of SS vacuums in the last 10 years except for the addition of bill and credit card acceptance.

Twodose

Reaction score
I recently had two older vacs stolen and need to replace them. Any suggestions on the best vacs or combos according to everyone. Please give me the pros and cons on your choice. Right now I have Dilling harris-Vacs and one Fragmatics combo Shampoo-Spot Remover.
How did they steal them?

Reaction score
These were older style units with outside bolt downs. Unscrewed the bolts, cut the power cable and voila!! FYI I am replacing the vacs I lost with used Coleman Combo vacs, they have inside bolt down. Hopefully, this will deter the thieves somewhat and improve my offerings to my vac customers.

MEP001

Reaction score
It makes you wonder if they stole the vacs to have the vacs, to break into the vaults somewhere else or to sell the stainless for scrap.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Even with inside bolts, mess up the threads when you finish. This will at least prevent them from just unscrewing them.

Reaction score
Several washes in the area have lost vacs, with others that have bill validators in the bays being broken into with crow bars. It seems a rash of vandalism occurs about every two years.