What's new

New twist on old pdq side blaster towers

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
A local wash (not a competitor to me) had the old gatling guns from pdq that didnt work anymore. They considered adding pdq's side blaster towers (i have these at my wash) but because of the cost of them, instead they decided to design their own. They ended up using square stainless pipe and had a welder fabricate it all. What they did that was different though was they created an arch and then bolted it to the end of the rails so it is like an upside U hanging from the rack. They used cheap kleenrite rotating nozzles, so now as you pull in, you get the underbody AND sides AND top sprayed as opposed to just the sides and underbody. Plus it all cost less then buying 1 set of towers from pdq. I think they cost about $1000 each to do. They did have to play with the pressure setting to get them to work right though. He told me underbody wasnt strong enough, but gatling gun setting was too strong. I think they used the GG setting but turned it way down. I dont have any pics, but i will get some monday when im in that area.

I wouldnt spend the money to replace my pdq side blaster towers as it wouldnt bring in any more revenue, but for someone looking to replace the old gatling guns at their site this is a pretty good idea.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Love the idea the only downside is your wetting the car prior to presoak. Would be awesome for blasting snow off the cars prior to it entering.

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
Im confused, the PDQ side blaster towers and gatling guns both already wet the car before the presoak, whats the difference.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
The side blasters is just wetting just that rims & sides not windshields, hoods & roofs is what some people would say That's all. I have WW power towers myself.

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
You have to see the pdq side blaster towers, they rise high enough to wet the whole car pretty much. They just dont directly spray the top or hood/trunk.

Eric H

Reaction score
You have to see the pdq side blaster towers, they rise high enough to wet the whole car pretty much. They just dont directly spray the top or hood/trunk.
I was at Sparkleclean's site last week while on vacation. His side blaster towers are about 5' tall. I've NEVER seen anything like them before.

Brucedvm59

Reaction score
A local wash (not a competitor to me) had the old gatling guns from pdq that didnt work anymore. They considered adding pdq's side blaster towers (i have these at my wash) but because of the cost of them, instead they decided to design their own. They ended up using square stainless pipe and had a welder fabricate it all. What they did that was different though was they created an arch and then bolted it to the end of the rails so it is like an upside U hanging from the rack. They used cheap kleenrite rotating nozzles, so now as you pull in, you get the underbody AND sides AND top sprayed as opposed to just the sides and underbody. Plus it all cost less then buying 1 set of towers from pdq. I think they cost about $1000 each to do. They did have to play with the pressure setting to get them to work right though. He told me underbody wasnt strong enough, but gatling gun setting was too strong. I think they used the GG setting but turned it way down. I dont have any pics, but i will get some monday when im in that area.

I wouldnt spend the money to replace my pdq side blaster towers as it wouldnt bring in any more revenue, but for someone looking to replace the old gatling guns at their site this is a pretty good idea.
I would love to see pictures

Brucedvm59

Reaction score
This is really old, that wash has since been completely renovated. I don’t think I have the pics anymore. All it was was 1” square tube.
OK, thank you, I am working on fabricating some, so that is why I asked.