What's new

New Truck Wash Manager

SemiClean

Reaction score
Good day all. I was just hired on to manage a semi-truck washing business because of my previous retail management experience. I hold very little knowledge of how to actually wash my semi's correctly. Currently I only have a hot water pressure wash system, a bucket, some cheap soap and a brush. Depending on how dirty the truck is, it takes me and another employee an hour and a half to power wash the trailer and brush the tractor. I want to decrease our washing time while also increaseing quality of service. I don't have the knowledge to transition into a 2-Step pH system. (I don't want to damage any vehicles.)

I do however want to transition into a brushless method by utilizing a foam cannon. My only concern is soap. I need a strong soap that will not damage the vehicle or any chrome.

I'm a customer service guy and I want to make my customers happy but I need to increase my sales. My number one complaint is the amount of time it takes for us to wash the truck.

I would love any advice or tips anyone can give. Thank You

washnshine

Reaction score
You might want to reach out to the chemical reps in your area and see what they have in their product offerings that can help you to achieve your goal of a manual touchless two-step wash on tractor trailers.

If you are unsure of the names of the commercial vehicle washing chemical companies, here are just a few and in no particular order.

Diamond Shine
Warsaw
JBS
Simoniz
Quest
CSI
Stone
Turtle Wax
Zep
QualChem
Chem Quest
Arcadian
Blendco

Far from a complete list and just off the top of my head. Check these out online and see which one has reps near you so you can get some assistance.

Good luck

mac

Reaction score
Call Steve at Fragramatics. He has the answers to your questions. He can show you how to clean with no scrubbing and the chemicals will not harm a semi.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Check out the Pressure Washing Friends Facebook page. Lots of truck washers there.