What's new

New Touchless!

KYwashywash

Reaction score
So we’re installing a new WW Razor starting next week. Have to remove the existing Ryko Soft gloss installed in 2006. Any helpful tips on removal of existing system machine and all much appreciated! Keeping everything to use as spare parts for the other Soft Gloss going to keep running!

Excited for this new beginning! Hoping customers like they’ve always raved about the soft gloss and how well they clean. Only time will tell.

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
I know right where that is and have used your wash several times in past years. We used to go to Louisville every summer for an event and would stay in our fifth wheel at the KOA in your town. You definitely have the best wash in town. Good idea replacing one of those Soft Glosses for a Razor.

Blanco

Reaction score
1. Manually run pump to empty water from holding tank while machine is still operational (close ball valve for incoming water supply).
2. Remove treadle plates
3. Remove guide rails
4. Disassemble all brushes and remove from gantry
5. Disassemble and remove travel arm with wires/hoses leading to gantry
6. Remove gantry
7. Remove tracks
8. Disconnect main power and main water feed to back room equipment
9. Remove back room equipment
10. Find somewhere to store all of it 🤣

Last edited:

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I know right where that is and have used your wash several times in past years. We used to go to Louisville every summer for an event and would stay in our fifth wheel at the KOA in your town. You definitely have the best wash in town. Good idea replacing one of those Soft Glosses for a Razor.
Yep, I recognize that place too. A couple of my washes were in the next county.

washnshine

Reaction score
So we’re installing a new WW Razor starting next week. Have to remove the existing Ryko Soft gloss installed in 2006. Any helpful tips on removal of existing system machine and all much appreciated! Keeping everything to use as spare parts for the other Soft Gloss going to keep running!

Excited for this new beginning! Hoping customers like they’ve always raved about the soft gloss and how well they clean. Only time will tell.
Great looking wash. Best of luck with the new Razor!

KYwashywash

Reaction score
1. Manually run pump to empty water from holding tank while machine is still operational (close ball valve for incoming water supply).
2. Remove treadle plates
3. Remove guide rails
4. Disassemble all brushes and remove from gantry
5. Disassemble and remove travel arm with wires/hoses leading to gantry
6. Remove gantry
7. Remove tracks
8. Disconnect main power and main water feed to back room equipment
9. Remove back room equipment
10. Find somewhere to store all of it 🤣
Thank you so much!!!!! Very informative. Got a shed next door gonna cram it all into!!!

DavidM

Reaction score
6. Remove gantry
Can I get a little more detail on this step? What is the best way to get the gantry out of the bay? Do I need some type of caster to rotate the gantry and roll it out the door? We are removing our Softgloss on Monday.

DavidM

Reaction score
You are going to love the Razor! We are replacing our Ryko with a Washworld Profile.

I'm hoping to save the machine so I don't want to drag it out. I didn't own the wash when the Ryko was installed so I didn't see how the installers moved the gantry around.

KYwashywash

Reaction score
I am keeping all the parts off of it to keep the other one I have running for a while. Then I’ll look at getting the Profile!

Blanco

Reaction score
Can I get a little more detail on this step? What is the best way to get the gantry out of the bay? Do I need some type of caster to rotate the gantry and roll it out the door? We are removing our Softgloss on Monday.
You need a fork lift and some heavy duty dollies. Lift up gantry with a fork lift then you can set it on four dollies (each corner of gantry). Strap each dollie to the gantry so it can't slide out. Rotate it and wheel it out the bay as long as you have height clearance. Then use the forklift and place the gantry anywhere you want. The dollies are expensive for a one time use. If you have a Ryko distributor near you ask them to borrow what they use for installs for a day. They most likely have a custom set of dollies specifically for the soft gloss that you won't have to strap down. I will attach a photo of the dollies I use to remove a gantry. They are from Uline and have a 2000lb capacity per dollie.

Attachments

DavidM

Reaction score
Thanks for the the explanation. That is about what I assumed but wanted some verification from someone who has done it.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Thanks for the the explanation. That is about what I assumed but wanted some verification from someone who has done it.
Those dollies should work fine. When the machine is shipped, we use a metal angle-iron framework that bolts to the bottom edge of the frame, and it ties the arms in so they are closed. Then we have a set of dollies that are put in the 4 corners. If you want to keep the frame square, you could get some 4x6" timbers and use lag bolts to hole them in position. After that, it's just lift up and off the tracks with a fork truck, then down on the dollies.