What's new

New touchless Automatic

D3Dubs

Reaction score
Running two older model (2013) WashWorld Razor's. Very happy with the system. We get great reviews from our customers and the maintenance has been (I'm knocking on wood) very straight forward. Like others have said their support is great - you call up, they answer and work on your question right there (unlike Unitec who make you make an appointment for tech support). I mentioned it earlier but the parts from WW seem to be on the expensive side - example - just paid $400 for a replacement in-bay speaker -ouch.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Stujoscarwash,

I currently operate a pdq Surfline and a new pdq 360 plus. I’ve been impressed with the 360 and it’s capability. The install was process was a breeze and the machine washes cars quickly and has a ton of flexibility in the wash recipes and generates operating reports daily. It also emails you and your distributor of any notifications. It’s awesome to get an email from each site at mid night detailing out my daily sales report.

I chose the pdq machines because of the trust I have in my distributor out of Kansas. I’ve had a working relationship with the owners of the company for over five years. Their response time is very timely and they are great at diagnosing problems over the phone. I haven’t had any issues with my pdq machines but I do have issues with my older equipment in which my distributor takes care of me.

Good luck with your decision. PM if you have any questions.
what town is your SurfLine in? Could it be P.C. ?

New Washdog

Reaction score
$400 for an in-bay speaker is robbery! Could you not source it elsewhere? I bet it could be found with some digging.

Roz

Reaction score
It is basically the same as the current Razor but now has LED lights on the machine and the arm. Creates a nice show for the customer as you can program various lighting sequences. A small but Very cool improvement.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I wonder if WW will make a retrofit kit? If so, price, compatability, ez install or need distributor, etc...

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I see it has a rain bar as well now and the ability to apply two chemicals at once which means you will have to have a modification to the pump stand along with new programming.

Roz

Reaction score
According to WW people at show the hardware in your controller is different so the thing you can retrofit is the blue arm so it has a light. Fairly cool but the best new aspects are not available. I just installed a Razor at the end of February and I cannot even upgrade which was a shock. I understand why they keep things close to the vest given the industry but they could have said something to me after I put down my deposit. My only disappointment with WW as I would have added the new options. Arm costs $1500 plus installation cost.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I looked at both at the wash as I have an older Radius that's looking tired. From a pure aesthetics standpoint, the 360 is a much nicer looking machine. I know in the grand scheme that is pretty insignificant but in the end, we are selling an "experience" to the customer. Isn't that the reason people add LED's, foam bathes/curtains, etc?

I need to find out my the closest distributors to me as I'm 4 hours from the closest large city, and see who they are and then decide.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
You are correct about selling the "Experience" but we are also selling "Time" so to get these two aspects inline with each other can be a tricky thing to do with a IBA.

washallday

Reaction score
Go with WW Razor I have PDQ equipment and am not happy with their support or my Distributors and support is everything.