What's new

New Technology at Southwest Car Assoc Expo - Thoughts?

CentralTex

Reaction score
All, I came across the following company at the recent tradeshow in Fort Worth, TX: https://www.facebook.com/SensorDynamix/ Their technology seems to be quite impressive. I wanted to share and see what the rest of crowd thinks. They make several devices, which basically monitor if your machinery has stopped functioning. for instance they have one device that hooks up to you cat pump. If the pump stops working for some reason, the device senses this and sends a message to the app on your phone to say cat pump number one has stopped functioning. They have another device that you can lower into your soap drum and it will tell you when the drum has dropped below a certain level and needs to be refilled. They had another device that you can hook up to your hamilton changer that does the same thing. If it stops working, sends out a message via an app. As a newbie to the industry, I think the technology is quite nice. If my maintenance guy is not on site or onsite and doing something else, wouldn't it be nice to get a message saying something is not working. Or it would send him a note on Saturday morning saying your soap is low. The company is relatively new. The founder is the son of a car wash owner who swears by the technology. Might be a little bias there. Cost for the devices run $200-$300 and there is a monthly charge of I think $9 or so. What do you folks think? Has anyone seen anything similar? I stopped by the cat pump table and they had no clue what I was talking about.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can do all this with PLCs and various bits of off-the-shelf hardware for practically nothing and program in an email to notify you for free.

traveler17

Reaction score
Might be for some but not for me. Only alerts I get and want are on my autos. I don’t want another app and something else I have to make sure is working. Next they will have a new sensor that tells you your sensor is not working 😬