What's new

New technology advice on Surveillance Cameras

soonermajic

Reaction score
Bought a busy 4/1, & none of their cameras work. My fault for just assuming they did.
Anyways, I wanna get about an 8 camera system.
What would you guys suggest? I don't necessarily need to watch it all the time. It will be more for IBA issues, & the occasional vandalism.
Advice?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I have Lorex 4K with audio and been pleased overall but the actual cameras mess up like everyone elses after 2 years. If money was no issue i would go through a distributor and get HikVision with Darkfighter there bad to the bone in a whole another category from Lorex. A friend of mine installs them and i want to get some myself.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I have Lorex 4K with audio and been pleased overall but the actual cameras mess up like everyone elses after 2 years....
Is that true, has everybody been having lorex camera issues after 2 years?

Asking because my 14 lorex cameras are now 6 years old, still working great. I'm thinking about upgrading - actually probably buying a second dvr to get more cameras, even higher resolution.

I do agree though, from what Ive read hikvision is a step up. But I do like the price and "just plug it in" aspect of lorex, and fwiw the police regularly comment that my cameras have some of the best images in town especially for getting a license plate.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Yeah, get more cameras than you think you need, and make sure you get a couple cameras that will definitely give a clear image of license plates.
Also get some spider repellent, the IR attracts bugs which attracts spiders - nothing more frustrating than having a big fat spider block half the image when you're trying to ID something.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I wonder if there are any other current cameras that do as good of a job of actually capturing colors in very low light as the new Wyze V3???

Accurate colors could tip the scale depending on the officer or judge etc IMHO.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I have 3 - 16 channel systems that came with 16 cameras from Lorex. Easy to install, configure, and setup on the app for the cell and tablet. Have had a few issues with them, NVR burned up in a T storm & a camera got fried, but they replaced them for free. I will be buying another setup for the new wash soon.

Randy

Reaction score

MEP001

Reaction score
I wouldn't do wireless unless I had to put a camera somewhere I couldn't run the wire. I've never used wireless myself, but the people who do that I've asked have at least some issues with reduced framerate, poor quality video, or connection failure.

Damoni88

Reaction score
I have 36 backstreet 4k cameras all over my property. You can set the system to catch facial images, license plates, and much more. There is not a place anyone can go on my property that I can't get the plate from at least 3 or more different cameras. Thursday night a lady stole my je adams shampoo/spot remover brush and I got everything on camera. Of course my wash is lit up like a baseball field at night but the clarity of the cameras are the best in the business. Even the officers are amazed at the video and how clear everything is even when zooming.I will say this don't go cheap on video surveillance you will be disappointed. I have the pro 90d 4k dome, never use bullets at the carwash the can be moved to easy.

Etowah