What's new

New SoftGloss lost RainShield & foam wax

soonermajic

Reaction score
All the sudden Blue Foam Wax (Ryko's ColorWave) & RainShiled ( Ryko's RainX) stopped working. Obviously cars no longer dry at all. This happened Fri afternoon.
Any advice? Bad weather here, so losing no business...
Coach B

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Is the boost pump turning on, and if so, what pressure is it running at? Are you getting water at the nozzles or from the Colorwave manifold?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Boost pump works, & water is only thing coming out. Not sure about pressure, but it is just a few mos old & nothing has been changed. when I pull the tub coming from injector, place another tube & run it into a bucket, the product then flows out.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
If you remove the 1/2" polytube coming off the injector that routes through the boom and you start getting chem out the injector, you have too much back pressure somewhere further down the line. If it just started happening, it's most likely something like a pinched line somewhere in the boom or too high of water pressure where it mixes onboard the machine. It could also be a clogged check valve onboard the machine. Most likely, you just have a line pinched somewhere between the chemical panel through the boom on the machine.

soonermajic

Reaction score
It is doing it on BOTH the RainShield & ColorWave.
Chem came out of the injector, when I pulled polytube off & put another one in the injector (headed into a bucket) & engaged it on the touchscreen. Ryko tech has sent me 2 injectors & think that might be the case.
So, are you saying you still believe it is a pinched line? If so, wouldn't it need to be 2 pinched lines? That seems a bit too ironic...

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Yes, I'm still thinking pinched lines. That seems more likely than 2 failed injectors. When you disconnect that line and just use a short one headed to a bucket, you are taking out any back pressure further upstream. If your injectors are providing chem into the bucket, that way, they are fine.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I agree. Ryko tech is coming out tomorrow. We have swapped out the injectors they shipped to us, to no avail...

soapy

Reaction score
Ryko used to have foaming chambers built into their foam applicators. They are filled with a tight knit scotch brite material than can become clogged with chemicals. I have taken these chambers apart and pulled out the material and put in a course scothbrite material that you can get from a auto paint store or a grocery store pot scrubber. I would follow each line out and disconnect where possible until you isolate the problem area.

slash007

Reaction score
I had the same issue and it seemed to have air locked. Twice now I ended up fixing it buy unscrewing the chemical line where it enters the machine at the top and running it and then screwing it back on. (colorwave only)

Ryko CS

Reaction score
I read the technician comments, and looks like the boost pump circuit protector had been tripped causing the issues with the ColorWave, and it was a bad injector on the RainShield. Is it working properly now?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Yes, those were the issues,& yes, it is back up & running great! Thanks for your help!
Got it back online just in time for the BIG weekend!