What's new

New Signage

cdreed06

Reaction score
Just wanted to get a idea what everybody is doing for the inbay signage. We are getting the extrutech panels in August and would like to go with some new custom signage to complete the new look. Currently we have the standard signs, wash instructions, no truck bed washouts, no excessive mud, slippery when wet, etc. I am going to have them custom made and would really like to emphasize the no truck bed washouts. I have been having a lot of trouble with truck bed washouts. I would like to say something like $250 clean up fee or something but don't really want to sound like a jerk. Thanks in advance.

Rudy

Reaction score
A $250 cleanup sign doesn't make you sound like a jerk. The guy dumping mud on your bay floor is the jerk.

I've had a $250 sign up for over 10 years. When I see someone "dumping", I simply walk up, and say, "Will the $250 charge be cash, or credit card.....?".

The puzzled look quickly turns to panic as I point to the $250 sign on the wall. The immediate hubba, hubba....scurrying, and scrambling usually ends with a promise to never do it again. "Please, mister....I didn't know".

I've never collected a dime towards the $250 "sign". I have however, drastically cut down on repeat offenders....especially when they understand that a video system is watching.

Put up the sign, and don't worry about offending somebody. They don't read it anyway. It'll be useful to you as you strive for running an excellent business.

cdreed06

Reaction score
Thanks, what really got me going on the truck bed washout thing was one morning I got to the wash to find the bay trashed. Nails, screws, beer cans, general junk everywhere. I started cleaning it up and another customer needed my attention. So I let it go for just a minute and then turned around to see a young girl driving in to the nasty bay. Right before she stopped I heard a pop. She got out and I told her that I was still cleaning it and was sorry it was such a mess. She said ok or something and I went about my business elsewhere. I never heard the pump start so I walked back over and she was leaning over her front tire that was going flat. That was what the pop was. I apologized and offered to pay to have her tire fixed and she said no, I saw it was my own fault and then she left to get her tire fixed before it went totally flat. And that was just the one that I saw.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have "No truck bed washing" right on the meter face next to the coin slot and they do it anyway, even had a couple guys tell me I need a sign after I caught them and told them it wasn't allowed. "You mean like that one right there?" I might have to put up signs stating there will be a fee for cleaning up after them, and at least here I can do that and the police will enforce it.

cdreed06

Reaction score
I hear you MEP, doesn't matter really what kind of signs we have, they never read them anyway. LOL

MEP001

Reaction score
Even when they see them and do whatever anyway they just claim they didn't see it.