What's new

New Quick Lube HELP

mdbarba

Reaction score
So I'm building a small commercial plaza near a "new" residential zone in need of services. one of the businesses in this plaza will be a quick lube I want to operate.

Ive talked with a couple of ppl. Castrol and Valvoline seem to offer some interesting franchise like programs that don't charge a royalty but give support and at the same time a franchise look. Since I am just starting the research phase any information would help a lot.

I had a meeting with the Castrol guys in my area (Hollon Oil Company) they seemed helpfull and interested in helping me develop this project.

I am also wondering what the best set up would be? I am thinking o a 2 to 3 bay set up.

What will the cost of equipment from tools, dispensing system, pos computer system, the whole 9 yards?

All coments and info are welcome!

parsonii

Reaction score
we went with mobil1 lube express and couldn't be happier with our rebranding. mobil 1 has been advertising on tv for this last year and brand awareness is helpful.

Turbo

Reaction score
Join Aoca (American oil change association) and ask your questions there. I think you will get a lot more input.

Branded oil deals usually look like this: you get to display their brand, they help with training (not sure of quality), you must use their oil, they give you some money and THEY DICTATE THE PRICE THEY SELL THE OIL TO YOU AND ITS A LOT MORE (like double-and there is nothing you can do about it except maybe give them the money back)

My concern would be: can I get people to come to my store without branded oil? I would do one of two things: buy a franchise that does not require you to carry a specific oil or do it without branded oil. I think people come for service and when you are not overpaying for oil (low ROI ) you can pay more for labor (higher ROI).