What's new

New Purchase - What's Next

ShinePro1

Reaction score
Hi Forum - I've recently purchased a 2 bay touchless automatic. It does fairly well given the prices are low and it's not on Google/yelp, so the only way people find it is by driving by.

It has cryptopay for both in-bay automatics but no longer offers a cash option. I plan on putting the cash dispensers back in as I believe it was a mistake ( so does the former owner). However, I want to launch memberships and fleet services. Should I proceed with Touch4wash or everwash - what's the consensus?

It also only accepts quarters for the vacuums ($1) - I plan on increasing the costs, but should offering a card on this as well be wise? I feel like a lot of people don't carry quarters.

Eric H

Reaction score
It also only accepts quarters for the vacuums ($1) - I plan on increasing the costs, but should offering a card on this as well be wise? I feel like a lot of people don't carry quarters.
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum!
I won’t speak on your autocashier questions but it may help to state what autocashiers you have.
Regarding the vacuums, what vacuums do you have. I upgraded some vacuums to credit card and bill acceptors a few years ago. While they still do more than 50% coins (I use quarters and US dollar coins) the bills and CC are probably split evenly at 25% each. If your customers are using Credit card ONLY for the IBAs I think they would certainly be willing to use CC on the vacuums.
If you could intergrate a loyalty/club program to include the vacs and IBAs I would think that would be best.
also, don’t forget to calculate your ROI on all of these upgrades!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Whether adding cash back to the ACWs would depend on several factors but I don't expect it to be a game changer and increases the chance of theft. I would add car readers to the vacuums. Go up on your start price on your vacs- at least .25 to cover the cost of a card transaction. I'm 2.00 for five minutes here.

Touch free operations requires diligent monitoring of water and chemical quality. You either need a very attentive chemical rep or be willing to educate yourself and closely monitor car wash chemistry. Good Luck!

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
What brand of Automatics do you currently have and what kind of pay stations also?

Roz

Reaction score
Memberships are a money loser for most (not all) IBA washes.
Fleet is easier said than done unless you have a connection but try.
I would add cash back into the mix unless you are in a high crime area.
Before using Touch4Wash or Everwash you might wait to see how the New CryptoPay Plus works with QR codes. Might be a better way to go - selling washbooks where you offer a discount for a bulk purchase.
you might consider adding CryptoPay Plus machines to your vacs, you want to make it easy for customers to spend money and to think in $1 increments not 25cents.
I would convert the changers to dispense dollar coins (change the wheel).
Creating a Website is a big plus, it is amazing how many carwashes do not have a simple website page.
Make friends with the local schools by donating washes to their fund raising causes - be generous. A good way to get the word out about your wash.
As many here have said use very good chemicals and have your chemical rep help you dial them into the right ratio.

Remember to always have fun! We talk with customers at every opportunity.

Congrats on your purchase....

kentadel

Reaction score
You may also consider using Nayax card readers and offering customers pre-paid loyalty cards.
Congrats!

Roz

Reaction score
You may also consider using Nayax card readers and offering customers pre-paid loyalty cards.
Congrats!
Don’t as Nayax would be a big mistake. Terrible devices, no service from company, and they break more often than CryptoPay.

kentadel

Reaction score
Don’t as Nayax would be a big mistake. Terrible devices, no service from company, and they break more often than CryptoPay.
Gosh Roz, I have had a completely different experience. I've had great luck with the Nayax VPOS units and use them for automatic paystations, self service bays, and vacs. I had to replace 1 unit, under warranty, out of 14. Rates are good and consistent. Support could be better for sure. I think they are working on that and have added new hires to their support staff. I've had Cryptopay, used Worldpay, Tsys, and other processors. Nayax has been easy to use and not given me a reason to look for anything else..

Last edited:

Keno

Reaction score
+1 for Nayax, we have been happy with ours, 12 SS bays, 2 ACWs, and 2 vacs(soon to be more)

HeyVern

Reaction score
I haven't had any trouble with Nayax, once they were finally set up and working. Though, I dread the day something happens and I have to call support.

HeyVern

Reaction score
It happened today. Had to call Nayax support, I had somebody on the phone and the problem fixed in 10 minutes. Apparently things have improved with their support.