What's new

New pump stands

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Purchasing my 3rd location and doing a major renovation. I'm replacing every major component of the wash. The self serve pump stand is going and I am trying to decide which route to go. I know, I can rebuild the thing and it will live forever, but that's not happening. Been there and done that. I recently replaced the same pump stand at my existing wash and installed the D&S self wash system. I like the VFD drives and the concept of the injectors and simplicity of the system. I have had nightmares with getting it to not use so much chemical but I think I have it manageable now. My question is, has anyone just bought a basic pump stand with direct drive pumps and install the dosatron low pressure panels? Do you still have to have a holding tank for the hot water for HP Soap and HP Wax or can it be city fed pressure? Anyone have any experience with the Mark VII Jet Wash as it's quite a bit cheaper than the D&S?

Lighthouse

MEP001

Reaction score
I recently replaced the same pump stand at my existing wash and installed the D&S self wash system. I like the VFD drives and the concept of the injectors and simplicity of the system.
I hate to tell you, you're going to have trouble with it in a couple years. It may look simple but it has all the same solenoids as most other washes, everything has to be adjusted perfectly for it to work at all, some of the solenoids are high failure, difficult to access, very expensive, and require shutting down the entire wash to service.
My question is, has anyone just bought a basic pump stand with direct drive pumps and install the dosatron low pressure panels?
Dosatron and DEMA Mix-Rite are also pretty high maintenance and expensive to buy and maintain. I would not use them, and I'm in the process of going back to Hydrominders and Procons at one wash because the Mix Rites are unreliable and the city pressure is too weak for the presoak to work well enough.

My wash is basic as can be, simple pump stands, Flojets, solenoids on board mounted on the walls. It's 21 years old and dead reliable other than a Flojet at least once a year.