What's new

New profit sources for a SS wash

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I am looking for a new vending machine, or profit satation for an existing SS wash. I have all the bells and whistles already, just looking for a new way to make extra cash.

MEP001

Reaction score
coincarwash.ca said:
I have all the bells and whistles already
What are all your "bells and whistles?"

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I have lots of in bay features including triple foam polish, credit card readers, in bay vacs, dryers etc

I have the following

Coke machine
shampoo and fragrence machines
little tree vendor
towel vendors
Armorall can vendor
two 3 colum vendors
air machine
18 item glass from vendor
ATM
washer fluid dispenser

I am thinking of adding a surevend visi combo and possibly some type of mat cleaner.
Does anyone have a DVD rental machine on site?
How about water vending?

bigleo48

Reaction score
I too am always looking and currently thinking of a rug beater and will be installing a windshield washer fluid dispenser.

Coin wash, how does your WW dispenser work?

Big

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I built my own washer fluid machine using a spare coin box and mounted it on my side wall. I used a coin acceptor, a timer and a solonoid. I put a 15 gallon drum in my rafters and gravity does the rest. I timed how long it took to fill a 4 litre jug and divided it by 4.
I charge $1 per litre, that $4 per jug....I buy it at costco. It only really makes money during the winter. Not a huge money maker but customers like it. I may bring in $25 a week during the winter.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Do you have Red Box dvd rental boxes in Canada?
You might look into that.
Dog wash?
Detail center in one bay?
If you have an attendant with an office how about truck rentals?
Just some thoughts.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I am already doing detailing, No room for car rental. The red box needs more traffic flow to be feasable...not sure if it's in Canada yet

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Redbox is a good idea, and I reached out to them a few months ago to see about getting a rental box on my property. I haven't heard back from them so I'll keep trying until they tell me know. On their website they are looking for high traffic flow, such as a grocery store or their parent company McDonalds.

I like the washer fluid idea, and watched the forum on the discussion about it over the past year. Those of you who have put it in, are you glad you did it? Or is it more of a headache than anything?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Coinwash,

A pet wash is what I suggest. Mine has been ramping up in sales now since I opened and is now doing better than my vacs. However, it needs frequent cleaning.

BTW, I didn't think gravity would be enough pressure to open or close a diaphragm solenoid. How long does it take to fill a jug of WW fluid?

Big

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
depending on the financing situation, either a dog wash or an automatic is in my future! Bells and whistles are good, just remember that customer service builds loyalty.