What's new

New Petit install & having HELL!! Need some help

soonermajic

Reaction score
Installed a new single bay Petit, across from WalMart/Lowe's, town of 60k & only 1 OLD D&S 5000 as comp. Butz there are 3 tunnels within 1mile!
Issues: installed 18mo old like new GoldLine & Cryptopay & CryptoTap. Did the Hamilton upgrade for $250 & Swipe & tap SOMETIMES works once, but never more than 2x, then GoldLine says "wash in Use" even though it's not. That in effect shuts wash down, til we can ho by & reboot GoldLine.
Anybody got any experience with this?

Attachments

Bricks

Reaction score
Installed a new single bay Petit, across from WalMart/Lowe's, town of 60k & only 1 OLD D&S 5000 as comp. Butz there are 3 tunnels within 1mile!
Issues: installed 18mo old like new GoldLine & Cryptopay & CryptoTap. Did the Hamilton upgrade for $250 & Swipe & tap SOMETIMES works once, but never more than 2x, then GoldLine says "wash in Use" even though it's not. That in effect shuts wash down, til we can ho by & reboot GoldLine.
I’m thinking cycle inhibit relay. Not sure, but I had a similar issue with my goldline and was told that could be the issue. Seemed to do the trick. Wish I could help more. That has to be stressful!

Bricks

Reaction score
In the meantime, you could wire in a smart plug to a NC contactor with a 110 coil that would interrupt the power to the goldline to reset it remotely when the petit alerts you that it’s down.

Keno

Reaction score
Looks like a really nice install! First thing would be to narrow down if it is a cryptopay only problem or if Goldline does the same thing with a cash customer too. That will direct your further troubleshooting. Disconnect all the cryptopay stuff and see if problem continues.

Keno

Reaction score
Another thing to check would be the exit wash signal switch in the autocashier. I don't have experience with Goldline, but with the older brother ACWs we have, there is a switch inside to let the autocashier know what type of exit signal to expect from the Petit

Etowah

Keno

Reaction score
I would check that exit signal setting first, that would be easier, it's just a 2 position toggle switch in the ACW, not sure in the Goldline. But could be incorrect for your application on a used Goldline

OurTown

Reaction score
I can't help but want to know what the blue and red stripes are made of on the building. They don't look like the white painted stripe.

soapy

Reaction score
In the programming for the Hamilton there used to be a timer from 0 to 2 seconds for the signal time that gets sent to the automatic. I had this problem years ago with my Rykos and I needed to set the timer to the maximum of 2 seconds for the signal.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Can't help but I'm interested in hearing how this unit cleans once the bugs are worked out.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have sporadic problems with one unit connected to a Istobal similar to that. I can move the unit off home position and back on via phone and it will reset. I had the controller repaired and it got better for a while but is now doing it again.

I think You can pull the wash in use relay out and have signage to tell the customer to pay only when the bay is empty until you figure it out.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I can't help but want to know what the blue and red stripes are made of on the building. They don't look like the white painted stripe.
Blue & Red stripes ate painted on the smooth side of the haynite blocks, while white is painted on the rough side.
Up top, the blue is a Composite material.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Worked on it more today. Tomorrow is a 4 way call from Hamilton, Cryptopay, Petit & my distributor. Hopefully it gets satisfied...

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
What exactly is the $250 Hamilton Upgrade?

Have you disconnected the Goldline from the automatic and tested it manually? Select a wash, pay for the wash, stack a wash...machine should say "wash in use", manually cycle inhibit relay, does Goldline release stacked wash?

Are you sure you programmed/taught the Cryptopay properly? When my Goldline got stolen I bought a used one and added Crypto. The Goldline was a bit more difficult to 'teach' than on an ACW 4/5. I don't remember the exact issue I had but I do know that when I was building it on my bench it did not work correctly.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
If you cant resolve this quickly In the meantime you can wire in a a web relay to reboot remotely so you don't have to go to the site to reboot.

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
These are the petit settings we have always used when the payment machine is set to active.

The petit WIU relay is number 17. We have accidentally landed those wires in 16 before.

Have you confirmed you are getting the correct voltage for the goldline inhibit relay?

The petit relay is a dry contact and can be feed with 24 vdc, 24 ac or 120 ac.

Attachments

soonermajic

Reaction score
Solved: my distributor said the Petit needed a wire from the controller to the relay of the GL that needed a 24V common, instead of the 110v. Evidently that was the issue...? Cost me a lot of jack & downtime + STRESS!!

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Did your distributor not check the operation of the paystation/automatic at install? He should have checked that each wash selection actually activated the wash, that you could stack a wash and that it would hold it until the bay was ready and that the Automatic could close the paystation when out of service or in maintenance mode.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Did your distributor not check the operation of the paystation/automatic at install? He should have checked that each wash selection actually activated the wash, that you could stack a wash and that it would hold it until the bay was ready and that the Automatic could close the paystation when out of service or in maintenance mode.
Im gonna guess not....

Last edited:

Roz

Reaction score
Issue is a Hamilton issue with their software. Their software is from the 1990s and has not been significantly updated in many moons.

We experience a necessary reboot with our Goldlines with the DAN system about once a month for no reason (and we have WW razor and profile). The toggle inside the Goldline for WW needs to be switched to Active (not passive signal). No idea for Petit. Hopefully the conference call mentioned above helped you find a resolution. Goldlines are fine basic Paystation but have not kept up with the changes and advances in the washing machines.

Last edited:

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Just curious …. Why don’t you go with Dencar? With the amount of money invested it is by far and beyond the superior teller out there